Special Stage Forums banner

Viewing forum posts of users stops at 4-2012

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  bknblk 
#1 ·
So the post history of about 4 users I clicked on as a test when clicking the 'view forum posts' button all stop at 4 2012. Is this intentional and is all posting before that date lost now?

#2 ·
Are you sure?

It looks like it maxes out at 100 posts, so it depends on how much one posts to see how far back it goes. I tried one guy that goes back to 2008.

I also looked for a post of mine by topic and found it prior to 2012.

press on,

#5 ·
Hmm guess the ones I picked all randomly had 100 posts since 4 2012. Didn't put 2+2 together for the 100 post cap. So I guess I'm wondering why the 100 post cap? Seems arbitrary and harder to find info if you know who made a post but don't remember what to search for or the search itself would bring up too many unrelated results.

#6 ·
Hmm...good question. Seems all searches are limited to 100 results. Not sure if it was always that way or not. That could be done to limit server load but it takes less than a second to return those 100 results. And you can't specify an older date range than "a year ago and older" which is then limited to 100 results. So the only way to see anything more is to know what to search for. And the search puts multiple words together with an OR so adding more keywords will broaden the search, not limit it.

Tim.

#9 ·
Try going to your USERCP and select General Settings

Scroll down until you see view thread options.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page: (Use user default) ---> Max 40 post per page

Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.

Default Thread Age Cut Off: (Use user default) ---> Show all thread

You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.

Use the drop down option to expand the thread display.

#11 ·
Try going to your USERCP and ...
Sigh.

No, I'm not going to "try" anything.

I've had my "posts per page" set to 40 for... over a decade. I've been digging through old posts using search and advanced search, in its various incarnations, through various versions of this board, for over a decade. In this instance, I'm not asking you for advice, I'm describing to you the behavior as it exists.

It sure would be neat if you could alter the search options, to add a date range, like "find threads between 2001 and 2004", but I don't expect that change any time soon.

Anders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.