Software for typing up notes? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software for typing up notes?

Quote Originally Posted by zerodegreec View Post
    My pace note books are 6 lines MAX per page. I usually have 4 or 5 lines so that I have room to shuffle the notes to and from a page if necessary.

My first event I transcribed the entire event to a new book the evening of Recce. The second event I transcribed about 1/4 of the pages because it was either really messy, cramped or not safe (nasty corners right at the top of the next page). After the third event I was just touching up some messy spots and moving notes to and from the previous page to ensure the layout was proper (and safe). It does not take very long to learn how to write good clean notes the first time without missing things.

Oh and drivers like to add bits of info at the last split second for an element just before the last one he gave you. Your suddenly playing catch up and memorizing the next note while you tweak that note on the previous page... gets fun
    This.

Do this.

Use pencil. Write REALLY BIG. You won't need to re-write - just erase and touch up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Audi UrQ View Post
    Anders ([email protected]) ... and ask them what system they use for producing route books / stage notes.
    I don't make any stage notes myself. I have Jemba do all that, so I have no software for making stuff.

For tulips I use a tool that reads a database of mileages/symbols and can spit it out via a couple different reports. That's how I generate books for the cars and completely differently formatted strips for the bikes that have the exact same data in them.

But that won't be needed by what's being discussed here. For those that want more info on it, though, you can see it here: http://linaracing.com/main/node/20

Cheers,
    Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

thanks for simple solution
    Last edited by FionaSmith; 09-26-2020 at 03:59 AM.