WRC Mexico 2013 - Who's going? - Logistics start PNW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRC Mexico 2013 - Who's going? - Logistics start PNW

I put the hurt on dirt madmann28's Avatar

Default WRC Mexico 2013 - Who's going? - Logistics start PNW

Howdy.
    CraneRallyCrew is taking 2 AE86 Toyota Corollas down to Mexico for the 2013 WRC event.
    I was Hoping to get a thread started with advice on the logistics, and hoping to get a Pacific Northwest transportation deal started too.

Who's Going?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

When is WRC mexico? Mid march sometime ?

Sounds awesome!
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Adam,

Cool video, kind of looks like WRC Mexico Ortega Stage in Guanajuato. The Toyo is unique.

Sent you a PM to see about helping you out with shipping from Laredo to WRC Mexico. Last year we helped out
    Team Red Dragon - El Yugi and Jason Wong

Team Huebbe - John and Mark Huebbe

Team USUK - Simon Wright

We treated them like Rockstars and made sure that their rigs got there fast and safe.

We may go back and relive the dream...

World Rally Team
    The Ultimate Rally Movie
    Sometimes you have to put it all on the line to make things happen...

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Oh wow that was fun.

I'm very interested in joining. In for news and advice. The car is being rebuilt so now is the time to make the cage FIA acceptable.
    Flat sixed Subaru Legacy sedan. (Rebuild underway)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Mexico regional only required your car to pass the rules from the sanctioning body your log book is from.
    Jim Perrin - #716, but no more Jeep.... - TeamHazardRally.com

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Mexico regional only required your car to pass the rules from the sanctioning body your log book is from.
    That might not be true. An old SCCA car might not pass tech. But really they look it over with dental mirrors for missing welds. I know they gave me trouble for 1 month out of date FIA seats, even though they are legal for R-A. I kept it easy for them and had FIA belts. They also took a long time to understand that my SFI suit was legal.
    # www.100AW.org (Press & PR) # Hübbe RallyBug - www.HuebbeRally.com/

FIA WRC scruteening is super strict. In 2008, our Alpinestars shoes and gloves were missing an FIA tag even though they were FIA approved. Alpinestars had to fax over a letter to Tech so they could let us and some other racer who also had the same shoes and gloves race. No hans was required back then so we used FIA approved Open Face Impact helmets.

In 2010, we failed tech and spent all night welding rear pillars on an FIA homologated rollcage, changing out some turn signal light bulbs, cutting up some tint on the windows for visibility, and finding some new nomex uniforms since ours had some embroidering done with non-nomex thread that made them illegal to wear, our open face impact brand helmets were not legal anymore, also our short sleeve underwear nomex had to be long sleeve due to changes in the FIA rules. We got lucky that our fellow Costa Rican rally racer Remy Espinosa let us borrow his racing gear to pass tech and race.

For sure you have to have FIA homologated Seats and Harness that are not expired. FIA does not care about SFI, so always make sure the tag/stamp is on your gear. In our class they checked the 2 times we ran, it was on Day 2 during the race. They even checked our socks!

The funny thing is that they never said anything about our crappy tires both times.

Another option would be to rent a car and just fly in and race We have this FIA homologated Pug available. PM for more info

Last edited by World Rally Team; 08-10-2012 at 05:55 AM.

World Rally Team
    The Ultimate Rally Movie

How could they tell your embroidery wasn't nomex thread?
    Jim Perrin - #716, but no more Jeep.... - TeamHazardRally.com

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
    How could they tell your embroidery wasn't nomex thread?
    Hola Jim,

They asked us for proof of the nomex thread, we even tried presenting a spray that would make the embroidery section fire proof but they did not like the idea. I should of covered that section and they would not of noticed but it was pretty much the whole back part of the suit Lesson learned on our part.

here is a pic of the embriodery, I still ended up putting on the suit for the finish line ceremony

and wore this suit for the race, it was really big But it worked.

Dave Schumacher, is a great person to contact, he worked the FIA scruteening in 2010. Cool fella.

Ponce
    Last edited by World Rally Team; 08-10-2012 at 06:17 AM.

World Rally Team
    The Ultimate Rally Movie

I put the hurt on dirt madmann28's Avatar

Ponce !
    Thanks for Helping us out with the posts to this thread.
    We're going to be poking and prodding some other teams to join us in Mexico when we see them at Olympus next month.
    There's no reason for a NW team to skip this event.
    We'd like to get the Google Group going again for teams that are planning on running this year.

From what we've heard, getting the cars down there, and through tech is going to be the biggest hurdle.
    Having fun, and getting treated like rockstars should be no problem.