The Big Announcement - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Big Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by ssadmin View Post
    I'm sorry but I think we are mistaken what is being talked about vendor sales to single regular member classified ads. Classified will remain free as what it was before, what I was trying to explain early on was in regards of members taking advantage of the free classified to sell mass production parts from a company with out being a registered vendor. If you have cool parts that you have made in your garage and have one or two pieces to sell.. sure why not... you're not putting a company name behind that product or anything else. I believe it is a general rule of thumb on all forums across that have registered vendors supporting the site regardless if it is under autoguide or not.
    Any time I have put anything in the classifieds they are rejected and or pulled.
    Bryan L.
    Maker of those intercom adapters and "stuff"
    www.zerodegreec.ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

Quote Originally Posted by ssadmin View Post
    I'm sorry but I think we are mistaken what is being talked about vendor sales to single regular member classified ads. Classified will remain free as what it was before, what I was trying to explain early on was in regards of members taking advantage of the free classified to sell mass production parts from a company with out being a registered vendor. If you have cool parts that you have made in your garage and have one or two pieces to sell.. sure why not... you're not putting a company name behind that product or anything else. I believe it is a general rule of thumb on all forums across that have registered vendors supporting the site regardless if it is under autoguide or not.
    Will you be making your vendor fees similar to what they are already here on SS? Or is it the same fixed fee for the entire autoguide universe?
    #542 - 1991 Subaru Legacy Open Class

100 oversquare right

BTW, thanks SSadmin for being brave enough to step into the lions den... starting to feel a little bit like you're gonna be fed to them .. shoot the messenger and all... there's definitely some tough questions and some fear of change going on (both are justified)

its nice to have someone who's so open to telling us what's going on. Its really appreicated (even if that appreciation or feeling of good will aren't really being felt) hehe
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Step one:
    https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...r-Rental-Agent

I welcome Dan's involvement on this forum and in rallying but he always posts topics just like this that link directly to his own blog, often times with little to no useful info. Seems like he's stealing advertising revenue from autoguide.com and the new owners should definitely take him to small claims court.

Step two: Rallyanarchy.com
    There's gotta be some way that autoguide.com can attack that forum and remove the competition.

Step three: Unban all previously banned members like JVL and Bob Dobolina.

Step four: Change forum names. I'd suggest:
    USA > Boring
    World > OMG someone died somewhere in rallying and Ken Block got 9th again in WRC!
    Canada > Antoine wins again!
    Photo/Video > Gymkhana and boring onboard
    Car Construction > How to get started in rallying and fix a dent volume 1.

Remove regional forums and replace with
    Ivan's NY Mafia
    CRS still has P class?
    Rally America stronghold
    NASA Global World Rally Championship Headquarters
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

100 K right 2

Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    Step one:
    https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...r-Rental-Agent

I welcome Dan's involvement on this forum and in rallying but he always posts topics just like this that link directly to his own blog, often times with little to no useful info. Seems like he's stealing advertising revenue from autoguide.com and the new owners should definitely take him to small claims court.

Step two: Rallyanarchy.com
    There's gotta be some way that autoguide.com can attack that forum and remove the competition.

Step three: Unban all previously banned members like JVL and Bob Dobolina.

Step four: Change forum names. I'd suggest:
    USA > Boring
    World > OMG someone died somewhere in rallying and Ken Block got 9th again in WRC!
    Canada > Antoine wins again!
    Photo/Video > Gymkhana and boring onboard
    Car Construction > How to get started in rallying and fix a dent volume 1.

Remove regional forums and replace with
    Ivan's NY Mafia
    CRS still has P class?
    Rally America stronghold
    NASA Global World Rally Championship Headquarters
    Actually that sounds extremely close to what happened on the Lotus boards, guess that's not uncommon for AutoGuide then.

JVL isn't banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    JVL isn't banned.
    Well he should be!
    Step eight: Ban JVL!
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

your other left, you idiot

Yikes - say it isn't so.

But - we survived when Ben's original idea(s) (Ben's Rally Page) morphed into SS, so this too will hopefully work......

Ben, George, and Jim - you have been friends through the years - please remain so.

Ben - we ever going to do that interview?

press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

Big Jump 800

Jim, Ben, George, and Jeff,

Thanks for keeping specialstage going for all these years. I doubt many realize what a PITA and financial drain this has been over the years.

As I look back at all the years of forum posts I'm struck by how many new people there are and how many of the same old people are still here.

Here's to continued success for the specialstage.com's new owners!
    JBN

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    Ben - we ever going to do that interview?
    Some day!

Ben