Hello from (Soon to be) Cincinnati

Thread: Hello from (Soon to be) Cincinnati

100 K left 2

Default Hello from (Soon to be) Cincinnati

Hi, I'm Ben (Call me Seitzy)

Spoiler alert: this is going to be confusing.

I'm originally from Dayton, Ohio. But 2 years ago my family relocated to York, Pennsylvania (Which is 2 miles away from the Susquehannock Trail Rally)
    but this upcoming month I'm moving back to Ohio to attend college.

College = No rallying for me. But that doesn't mean I don't get to go spectate or help out.

so here are my questions:
    1. Any Rallies in Southern Ohio or Northern Kentucky?
    2. I'd like to help out any local rally teams, but I'm not really sure what goes into helping out teams

few fun facts: I drive a Celica GT-S, I'm a huge Toyota and BMW fan, I first got into Rallying because my dad showed me a Lancia Stratos, I've loved rally ever since, and I'd like to one day make my own Celica rally car and hit the stages, a man can dream right?
    Last edited by Seitzy; 07-06-2012 at 10:02 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cinci...wJUqjQ&t=m&z=8

Rally WV is the closest thing. It's happening in 3 weeks and they could certainly use the help with running the event. There will be one Celica there racing, and another couple (uber-volunteers) own a Celica all-trac with some history that they've used as course opening before.

If interested in going to RWV, ping me offline. [email protected]

-E
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

You have a fair number of "ralliests" in Ohio... A few are on here now and then -- Paul Jaeger, John Gingerich, Todd Davis... EXCELLENT folks to learn "almost anything rally" from!

Check into the PRIMO Stage Crew on Facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/155118297888243/ Paul is Chief of Controls for Rally West Virginia.

Folks on DirtyImpreza.com are very supportive of folks who love rallying - regardless of what they drive. While there isn't much going on here at SS in the HitchHiker/Lodgiing forum, more was happening at DI in their Mid-Atlantic and MidWest forums.

Welcome!
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

just a quick question. how does one help a rally crew? is it repairs or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Seitzy View Post
    just a quick question. how does one help a rally crew? is it repairs or what?

Probably the best way is to use forums like this post:
    https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...cing-NEFR-Crew

Or go into the crew forums and post about wanting to help out...

If you are interested in helping at a specific rally, and don't see anything in the "Crew" forums, then you can probably jump into the "event" threads in a more general forum like this one for RWV... https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...-Rally-WV-2012

Crew duties will vary by team size, budget, experience, etc. 95% of the teams can always use a hand for something!
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

stylin' and profilin'...WOOOO! freightdog's Avatar

message sent via FB
    Chris Greenhouse
    Driver #319 - Dodge Neon SRT4
    Cincinnati OH USA
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Central Region Group 2 Champion
    1995 Plymouth Neon G2/O2L 2006-2012