WRC NZ June21-24 talk/results spoiler** - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WRC NZ June21-24 talk/results spoiler**

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
    Loeb is not winning every stage, and if Petter just ran the same tires as everyone else, and Jari didn't go off the road, I think they would have been very competitive with Loeb. So I don't see how you can say that no one can compete with Loeb/Citroen.
    Nobody can compete with Loeb. Miko is in the same car as Loeb and he cant consistently match or beat Loebs times. Jari, Miko and Solberg are all capable of winning any one particular stage. The Ford guys are suffering from a poor performing car. Lets face it, the only real reason that Jari and Solberg are falling off the road or having "bad luck" is because they are pushing the car beyond its ability. Same thing happened to Petter with Subaru. The car is just not consistently as fast as Citroen and they are forced to push the cars further to keep pace.

Loeb is the fastest driver in the world. + Citroen has the fastest Car in the world. = Slim chances for anyone to beat the pair. With the exception of Finland, for the past 3 years, every event is Loebs to loose.
    Bryan L.
    Maker of those intercom adapters and "stuff"
    www.zerodegreec.ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Mikko isn't exactly minutes behind Loeb. And obviously, team orders are going to prevent him from really pushing for the win. He knew that when he signed up though.
    Jim Perrin - #716, but no more Jeep.... - TeamHazardRally.com

100 oversquare right

hard to say. other competitors Beat loeb on a few stages... He's not putting lots of time on the others (except for when they go off the road, or break) but if the ford cars are a little slower, they will have to on the limit to beat him, which would lead to a lot more offs. *shrugs* either makes sense to me.

I'm sure somewhere there's a ghost race video of the various cars in their first 1 km of the stage. I recall a year or two ago seeing that, and the Citreons were pulling ahead at the start by a little bit, I wonder if that's still the case?
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

What Im suggesting is changes that making it so more drivers can compete against Loeb. There are probably great drivers out there who simply cant compete. Heck, look at Mads Ostberg, who actually beat Loeb. He couldnt afford to go to NZ.

I like Ostberg, but I wouldn't consider him on the same level as Loeb, Hirvonen, Solberg, Latvala...

You want to talk about giving someone a chance, wait until Ogier gets in a WRC car again.

100 oversquare right

I think the change that's needed so other drivers start beating Loeb , is something where we go back go 4+ car companies competing, and competing deep! (3 drivers per team) Or even each team can have 4 drivers and have to nominate 3 for each rally

It would be great if the top of the WRC/FIA could figure out how to make the cars less expensive (well if we knew for sure other car companies would come back) .. though the only solution to that i see would be to require more of the car to be stock. (look at PWRC costs, VS current Open class, VS Group N, VS WRC Academy VS S2000)

I wonder if we are getting into a chicken/egg situation... would viewers go if loeb was gone? Or not.. how many of us are pumping less money into wrc due to loeb dominating it? would any of us buy more wrc DVDs , online coverage, or team gear if say loeb only won 1/2 of the last decade? or is it all an illusion we tell ourselves becuase it makes no sense that wrc isn't the #1 fan favorite motorsport in the world?
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

50 caution yump

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    I think the change that's needed so other drivers start beating Loeb , is something where we go back go 4+ car companies competing, and competing deep! (3 drivers per team) Or even each team can have 4 drivers and have to nominate 3 for each rally

It would be great if the top of the WRC/FIA could figure out how to make the cars less expensive (well if we knew for sure other car companies would come back) .. though the only solution to that i see would be to require more of the car to be stock. (look at PWRC costs, VS current Open class, VS Group N, VS WRC Academy VS S2000)

I wonder if we are getting into a chicken/egg situation... would viewers go if loeb was gone? Or not.. how many of us are pumping less money into wrc due to loeb dominating it? would any of us buy more wrc DVDs , online coverage, or team gear if say loeb only won 1/2 of the last decade? or is it all an illusion we tell ourselves becuase it makes no sense that wrc isn't the #1 fan favorite motorsport in the world?
    I think people like underdogs winning, and there arent any cause Loeb doesnt lose. And I think people like variety, and there isnt much of that. Perhaps WRC should devote some coverage to WRCA and PWRC which are more competitive.

100 oversquare right

+1

that would be a really good idea... show more coverage... that last speed covered WRC even was kinda wierd. an hour long, it oddly felt like they showed me next to nothing, and yet it was over before i knew it. i think barely 3 shots of Blocks car... They filled too much of the hour long program (48 minutes?) with back story , etc, and not enough actual racing / onboard. split times

50 caution yump

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    +1

that would be a really good idea... show more coverage... that last speed covered WRC even was kinda wierd. an hour long, it oddly felt like they showed me next to nothing, and yet it was over before i knew it. i think barely 3 shots of Blocks car... They filled too much of the hour long program (48 minutes?) with back story , etc, and not enough actual racing / onboard. split times
    And it appears to just be edited footage from official WRC source. WRC doesnt even post video of anything but the top guys. There are zero videos on wrc.com of Academy.

Pssst...WRCA doesn't run every event...and this wasn't one of them...