Starting over - BUILT Industries introduction!

Thread: Starting over - BUILT Industries introduction!

Default Starting over - BUILT Industries introduction!

First and foremost, thank you for taking a moment to look at the BUILT Ind./ Slowboy Racing vendor page on Specia lStage. My first turbo charged car was bought for me by my step father in 1988, I had just turned 15 and he thought a 1983 Renault Fuego 1.6l Turbo would be a great car to “fix up” and drive when I turned 16. That was the beginning of the “bug” that we catch along the way, you too have caught it as well or you would not be reading this post! I am sure as I remember my first turbo car you have memories of your own as well.

I have been involved one way or another in the 4G63 platform since the late 1990’s when I bought my first (1995 AWD Tsi) and quickly there after my second (1991 AWD Tsi) DSM. The 2G was a fantastic car but I quickly learned it was much easier back then to make the 1G go very fast on a tight budget. After realizing this the 1G got 99% of my attention and eventually went 11.9’s on a small 16G when 116 MPH trap speeds were considered VERY FAST (wow, we have all come a long way)! This was so far back in the day a 2G MAS and an AFC were “the bomb”, and if you had an HKS VPC and GCC you were indeed the king, and it was very likely you never had your car on a dynamometer. The 1G to this day had my favorite nick name of any car I have ever owned, simply called “The Bucket” – it seemed very fitting!

For those of you who already know me from a company I started in 2002 called Slowboy Racing Inc. I appreciate that you have got this far in your reading. The blog I wrote in September of 2011 was essentially the last day of Slowboy Racing Inc., while the website is still up the Corporation no longer exist and is a DBA of Built Industries Inc.

Whether you loved SBR or hated it, I can understand and appreciate both - I have the same feelings too. All I ask is that either way you can make the distinction between myself and what was Slowboy Racing Inc. – and if you cannot, I understand and appreciate that as well.

The blog reads:

January 2012 will be ten years since I first put pen to paper on the business plan for Slowboy Racing Inc. Over the past ten years we have had extremely HIGH HIGH’s and extremely LOW LOW’s. Below I will summarize them in order to provide a quick read and get right to my POINT.

Some of the HIGHlights include building Black Betty (1000 HP plus RWD 91 Mitsubishi eclipse that runs 7 second Ľ mile time slips) that now resides with my friend Ozzie’s at Horsepower sales of Orlando, building a nationally competitive rally car built for the Rally America series, being on ESPN’s X games two years in a row with our rally car, and making INC’s list of top fastest growing companies in the USA in 2007 at # 297. In this same nine year span we shipped over 80,000 orders to all 50 states and over 20 different countries.

Since I don’t like dwelling on the LOW’s I will make it quick and easy. Over the past three years I have made a lot of mistakes, you name it – I probably did it wrong. Imagine the worst possible scenario short of losing your own life, I have made those kind of mistakes and take full responsibility for them. To sum it up, I have been on the bottom, made it to what I thought was the top, only to slide right back down to the bottom. I have no one to blame but myself – as a leader I take that responsibility. I have learned more in defeat than I ever learned in my success.

Starting over is never easy but it gives us a chance to correct our course and do the things right we set out to do in the first place. To be honest I never wanted a HUGE company like Slowboy Racing Inc. got to be – I always wanted a small business where we could focus on the smallest number of customers possible while providing the best possible parts and service.

The good news? Candy and I get to do just that now – we have put the past behind us and from here on out it is onward and upward! The same guy that was so passionate about this business ten years ago is FINALLY back and I must say it feels good. Slowboy Racing is now a DBA of our new business BUILT Industries Inc. We will keep the Slowboy Racing name going while building the new company BUILT Industries. Look for new websites every month like www.built4g63.com and www.builtej.com.

If you are having a rough time in your life it is never too late to re-invent yourself. It all starts with YOU, don’t let outside influences bog you down. YOU can do it, push on regardless. Thank you for all of our loyal customers over the years – we look forward to working with you now and in the future!

If you are going through Hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

I appreciate all of the support I have gotten since September of 2011 – it’s been a long arduous road back, and I am thankful to the great customers from Special Stage who have made it possible.

Thank you,

Michael Huml

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I was wondering where on earth these emails were coming from. This explains a lot.

Good luck with the fresh start.
    The struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by De> View Post
    I was wondering where on earth these emails were coming from. This explains a lot.

Good luck with the fresh start.
    Thank you, I appreciate that.