WRC Argentina Apr 27-29 talk/results spoiler** - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WRC Argentina Apr 27-29 talk/results spoiler**

100 oversquare right

GO PETTER !!! oh hell yeah!!!
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Noooo Petter! WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY!? Every damn time you get ahead and are kicking @ss something dumb happens

Petter, stopped in stage.........broken sterring arm....super rally tomorrow.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

DAMN IT !!!! damn damn damn! boooo

dani for the win?
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

into right 2 tightens

Petter needs to hire a full time anti black majik person to sweep his car for hexes, voodoo dolls, and ouji boards before each MTC. As much as I love him, if I get on a plane and see him sitting there, I'm getting off.
    Tony
    KC0VSL
    Oskar-the Citation.

"It ain't what a man Don't know that hurts Him, Near as much as what he Knows that just ain't so."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bknblk View Post
    if I get on a plane and see him sitting there, I'm getting off.
    First get a picture with him and autograph, then get off. But otherwise I agree with you fully on his "curse"

100 oversquare right

hopefully you have a chute, or wait for the plane to land...

50 caution yump

If Hirvonen keeps winning, since hes in the same car as Loeb now, does that mean hes the better driver, and it was the Ford that sucked? Or some other difference?

into right 2 tightens Weasel 555's Avatar

SS4: Loeb quickest,Solberg in trouble

Stage data: SS4, Fernet 1882 La Pampa/La Pampa II (37.51 kilometres)

There was high drama on stage four of Philips Rally Argentina when leader Petter Solberg stopped 28 kilometres into the run with a reported broken front-right steering arm.

Solberg, in a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, started the stage heading the overall classification by 20.1s but his misfortune hands first position to Citroen driver Mikko Hirvonen.

“There’s still a long way to go but hopefully I can keep my pace and fight for the win, I’m really enjoying myself,” said Hirvonen.

Sebastien Loeb was fastest through the stage in his Citroen DS3 WRC, 2.4s quicker than team-mate Hirvonen. He climbs from fourth to second overall as a result as he bids for his third victory in this year’s FIA World Rally Championship powered by Nokia.

“I was pushing very hard, it’s the only thing I can do in my situation,” said Loeb, who is 12.3s behind Hirvonen with two stages of day one remaining. “I’ve changed a bit the set-up of the car and I was more confident than in the morning.”

Mads Ostberg reported a power issue on his Adapta Fiesta but still managed the third fastest time, 10.3s adrift of Loeb’s benchmark.

click: wrc.com/news/argentina ss4

---------------------

SS5: Loeb takes lead

Stage data: SS5, Speedagro Ascochinga/Agua de Oro II (51.88 kilometres)

Sebastien Loeb has moved into the lead of Philips Rally Argentina after he went 13.4s faster than Citroen team-mate Mikko Hirvonen on Friday’s penultimate stage.

Loeb now tops Hirvonen in the overall classification by 1.1s with Dani Sordo third, 13.1s down on Loeb after the Spanish Ford driver went second quickest on stage five.

“We changed a bit the set-up and I was much more confident in the afternoon,” said the eight-time world champion. “I pushed really hard and there were no mistakes this time. It is very close with Mikko and there is a long way to go.”

Hirvonen reported struggling on the rutted road surface, while Sordo nudged his left-rear wheel, which was out of line at the stage finish.

Mads Ostberg said the power issue that plagued him on stage four has been cured. However, an intercom problem cost the Norwegian vital seconds in his Adapta Fiesta.

Thierry Neuville’s impressive run is at an end. The Belgian was fourth overall but failed to get beyond the 30-kilometre mark with reports that his Citroen Junior World Rally Team DS3 WRC sustained significant right-rear damage.

As expected, former leader Petter Solberg failed to start the stage as a result of the steering arm that broke on his Fiesta on the previous run. The Norwegian was 5.8 kilometres from the end of stage four when he hit trouble.

Crews are now on a 90-kilometre road section back to service in Villa Carlos Paz. There is one stage remaining before the completion of day one, the 19.18-kilometre Cosquin/Villa Allende run.

click: wrc.com/news/argentina ss5

---------------------

SS6: Hirvonen fastest to cut Loeb’s lead

Photo: McKlein

Stage data: SS6, Cosquin/Villa Allende (19.18 kilometres)

Mikko Hirvonen has cut Sebastien Loeb’s lead on Philips Rally Argentina - round five of the FIA World Rally Championship powered by Nokia - to 0.1s after edging his Citroen team-mate by 1.0s through Friday’s final stage.

“The start of the stage was not good at all but the rest was okay so we will see what happens,” said Hirvonen. “I hope we will have a bit of a fight because Dani [Sordo] is not so far away.”

Sordo, in a factory Ford, was third quickest, 21.0s adrift of Hirvonen, after opting for a hard compound Michelin tyre on the damp stage. “We take the decision in the team,” said Sordo. “We did not have any softs. We pushed hard but we did not do very well.”

Loeb, meanwhile, admitted it hadn’t been an easy stage. “The visibility was coming down and I lost a bit of confidence because it was very slippery in some places, not easy,” he said.

Nasser Al-Attiyah set the fourth fastest time for the Qatari World Rally Team. Mads Ostberg was fifth quickest with Martin Prokop claiming the sixth fastest time in his Autotek Fiesta.

Saturday’s action gets underway with the 20.18-kilometre San Agustin-Santa Rosa run, which is due to go live at 08:30hrs local time.

click: wrc.com/news/argentina ss6

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-27-2012 at 03:06 PM.