Special Stage Forums banner

Looking for a rally...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Eric Burmeister 
#1 · (Edited)
Just putting this out there...

I'm looking for a rally on the eastern half of the country that needs a Car 0 driver.

My dad is a (thankfully) healthy 71 now and still enjoys driving vigorously at track days, etc., but has decided not to get another rally license, as he is concerned about competing. He'd love little more, however, than to drive spiritedly down a rally stage again, especially if he were able to do so in support of the sport he loves.

He would accomplish this (hopefully) in my Mazda Protege rally car with a person of the organizer's choosing as navigator. The car remains immaculately prepared and has a mobile 2M radio installed with PTT button wired into the helmet/headset connection. The car would be supported by the team truck, crew, and a full complement of spares...which of course won't be needed, but just to take any organizer worry out of the preparedness...it would be there.

I know this job pretty much always goes to a friend of someone on the organizing committee. I figured if I didn't make it public, my chances of finding him this little dream would go from slim to nil, so this seemed the most appropriate place to announce his/my car's availability.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Eric Burmeister

sirlurch(at)gmail(doot)commie

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.