Rally Pacific Motorsports Q&A Session

Thread: Rally Pacific Motorsports Q&A Session

Rally Organizer/ Co-Driver Navigator-Nicki's Avatar

Lightbulb Rally Pacific Motorsports Q&A Session

The board of Rally Pacific Motor Sports will be holding a public Q&A session for the rally community to bring forward questions, concerns or suggestions to the new board of directors. There will be discussion held on the potential for the change for regulations of each class (Ex. Alcan classes vs. American classes or a new system) We look forward to hearing all levels of input, and want to have competitors have their say in the progression of rally in BC. If you have any other topics you would like to be discussed please contact nicki @ rallybc.com

Date: February 10, 2012
    Time: 21:00
    Place: Registration Room of Thunderbird Rally, Best Western Hotel, Merritt BC

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default Rally items for discussion

Nicki ,... Put the Nevada rally format on the table . I am not sure what its called . but its where the first car in stops and then runs the control and rejoins at the back of the pack .. Would be nice for our 2 day rallys if all the check point people could run .. Sure sounds like a great concept to me . Be nice to try it in BC and refine it till it works .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bowie View Post
    Nicki ,... Put the Nevada rally format on the table . I am not sure what its called . but its where the first car in stops and then runs the control and rejoins at the back of the pack .. Would be nice for our 2 day rallys if all the check point people could run .. Sure sounds like a great concept to me . Be nice to try it in BC and refine it till it works .
    That format has been used with great success at some longer TSDs in Oregon. The only label I've heard applied to it is the "run/work format."

People catch on how it works pretty quickly, and you can run a fairly major event with just two or three advance cars to place checkpoints and get the first team working (the lead cars then leapfrog to future checkpoint locations).

Ben

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Rally Organizer/ Co-Driver Navigator-Nicki's Avatar

That's a fantastic idea! We would very much love to chat this type of thing over! We are very lucky in BC, we have a fantastic crew of volunteers from BC/ Alberta/ and esp. Washington that help us out at TSD events.

The run/work format wasn't explained correctly to us at Oregon 1000 and basically disqualified us. Never again.