Leading the Sandblast Rally forum-posts-for-volunteers: spalind
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leading the Sandblast Rally forum-posts-for-volunteers: spalind

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Cool Leading the Sandblast Rally forum-posts-for-volunteers: spalind

I put out a call to all the registered racers at Sandblast to help recruit volunteers. It's pretty straightforward, post in a forum asking for volunteers, include some info and links so people actually CAN volunteer, get people excited. Then, so everyone can work together, you drop the link back into your NRS account so everyone can see which forums are already covered and which still need to be notified of rally awesomeness.

Current leaderboard (by boards posted on):
    Spalind: 13
    Wages: 5
    Abero: 2
    Gage Gregory: 2
    Hollen Groff: 2
    Simon Wright: 2

Of course, anyone can contribute (and others are, including volunteers), but I'd like to specifically thank these racers for actually productively contributing to the success of the rally by spending their time spreading the word. Thanks for being great rally community members!

I'd also like to encourage EVERYONE to help spread the word, there's still a lot of work to do and this is a very concrete way to get it done. I welcome help from all in this endeavor.

And if you think you can do it better than these guys... let's see it! Of course, it's not a competition, we're all working together.

Cheers,
    Anders

ps: It's a competition!
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

For those of you just tuning in, I want to point out that the leader, Dan, is someone that was just *banned* on this forum for being too vocal and rocking the boat by challenging the status quo. He's actually out there DOING it - spreading the word, trying to organize rallysprints, attending events and his efforts is have a tangible, measurable outcome. People are listening.

What did the rest of you do to ensure the success of rally today? And no, farting around on SS.com doesn't count.

Yesterday, I went to a NASIOC meet in Columbia (2hrs away) to help spread the word on Sandblast. I took my laptop and cell phone so I could sign up people, and I did. Handed out a bunch of cards, got two people signed up, and have 2-3 people that will let me know in the next few days. So it's a success because one of these folks runs a rallyx in his backyard and the other is a spouse of a shopowner who caters to Subarus so that will pay off. (She agreed to put up the posters for the event that Gage linked to earlier).

And it IS (was?) a competition at one point - Anders, are you going to do the freebie Rally Sport license thing to the person who most proselytizes each event? Is that still in play?
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

100 oversquare right

I didn't realize Splandid finally got banned. and now he's behaving in a manor that would indicate he should be allowed back... ... ah irony...

Good job all you guys!
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right bentmettle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    For those of you just tuning in, I want to point out that the leader, Dan, is someone that was just *banned* on this forum for being too vocal and rocking the boat by challenging the status quo.

Suggesting someone stick a gun into their mouth is "rocking the boat"?

I'd find it hard to support an organization that feels that sort of repulsive behavior is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by bentmettle View Post
    I'd find it hard to support an organization that feels that sort of repulsive behavior is acceptable.
    +1, I was disgusted by his clear lack of knowing when too far is too far. Congrats on reinforcing his behavior for the simple act of posting messages on the interwebs, and don't try and make a martyr out of him, he's been put in the corner for seven days, that shtick got old when JVL willingly left.
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

Love him or hate him guys, his *actions* speak louder than words.

Of course, most of SS is just talk with little action.
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    ...and now he's behaving ...
    (bold added)
    He did the same (13 boards posted on for volunteering recruiting) for Black River Stages months ago, which put him as the second largest contributor for that event, behind Jason Smith.

13 every time would get a little spooky, I admit!

Anders

4g63 2liter v8 eater GageGregory's Avatar

chock me up another.. Dsmtuners.com . I think that gives me a podium !!!!haha

4g63 2liter v8 eater GageGregory's Avatar

+1 more 4gtuners.com

Nice! The new guy moving up!