Pacific NW Rally Championship - 2011 & 2012 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pacific NW Rally Championship - 2011 & 2012

Quote Originally Posted by heymagic View Post
    btw...RA does score and trophy a championship for us already I believe...
    True, but back when we started this there were a bunch of NASA-sanctioned events in the NW, so this was the only way to group NW events into one cohesive championship. Maybe it is redundant now that most of the events (but not all) are Rally America-sanctioned.

That's another topic. Should we even bother with this?

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Official pre-sweep vehicle Jim Robison's Avatar

I don’t understand the problem with having more than 4 events in a championship. The California Rally Series has 6 events stretching from Idaho to Arizona. The Southwest RallyCup has 8 events, two each in Nevada, California, Arizona, and Texas. Everyone has a long tow someplace. Both series are doing well and neither series includes big-draw national events.

I can relate to Idaho. We are both trying to establish an event, develop local talent, and build a volunteer worker base, a long way from any other rally. We need the support of a few rallyists who are willing to hook up their trailer and enter our events. I am less concerned with championships than I am with building the sport. If you enjoy rallies, give us some support.

Thanks,
    Jim

Ben, Idaho is not RA sanctioned. Last year they gave "out of region" points but no word if they will do it this year. I will try to start a thread for Idaho announceing the "tow fund rebate" we passed last night sometime this weekend. Thanks Dick

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Awesome Dick!! Hopefully we will be there this year with our new car.
    1986 Group5 Merkur XR4Ti
    Sean and Jenne Medcroft

Quote Originally Posted by phlat65 View Post
    Awesome Dick!! Hopefully we will be there this year with our new car.
    We are hoping to do Idaho as well. It'll be good to see you guys on stage again!

Oh wow that was fun.

4 Events sounds good to me as RAD Rally is the poorest team.
    Flat sixed Subaru Legacy sedan. (Rebuild underway)

all of the sudden, up was down demonrally_don's Avatar

PNWRC rules and is always one I look at to see how we're doing against our peers. In my opinion, the Pacific Northwest is Idaho, Oregon and Washington. BC is usually included, but they're really the Pacific Southwest of Canada, eh?

So... I vote for best 18 coefficients, that would cover the "core four." Allow some coefficients to come from marginally PNW events like Mendocino and NNR, or Canadian events for those that can't tow to Idaho. Then it sounds like the Pacific Northwest Championship + some out of state coefficients since we were unable to organize Doo Wops and Wild West this year.

demon rally team - powered by fine tuning
    JRM | RalleyTuned | CTS Turbo | Meister Autowerks | Spitfire EFI | JVAB Imports | USRT

ProPicks - predict the Rally America winners and fight for fame and glory.

Idaho Rally Group is pleased to announce the 2012 'tow fund"
    Idaho Rally Group’s towing rebate for the 2012 Larry H. Miller Idaho Rally International
    Miles from the Rally one way Rebate amount
    300-400 ==================== $50.00
    401-500 ==================== $75.00
    501-550 ==================== $100.00
    551-600 ==================== $125.00
    601-650 ===================== $150.00
    651-700 ===================== $175.00
    701-750 ===================== $200.00
    751-800 ===================== $225.00
    801-1100 ===================== $250.00
    1101 up ===================== $400.00
    Thanks to the hard work of the club members and our sponsors we can offer this
    To all car entries that sign up before May 11, 2012 when the early entry closes.

Entry Fee will be the same as last year at $650 including recee and notes. I hope this helps everyone some. Thanks, Dick Rockrohr Director Idaho Rally Group
    Group
    Last edited by BUELLRACER1; 01-22-2012 at 10:48 AM.

100 oversquare right

Quote Originally Posted by BUELLRACER1 View Post
    Ben, Idaho is not RA sanctioned. Last year they gave "out of region" points but no word if they will do it this year. I will try to start a thread for Idaho announceing the "tow fund rebate" we passed last night sometime this weekend. Thanks Dick
    Rally-America Issued a bulletin specifically stating that only rally-america events can count for out of region points for rally america regional championships...
    --------------------

But Awesome on the two distance based Rebate program!! That's really sweet Dick!! I'm looking forward to an other great Rally idaho!
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

This RULES!!!!! We qualify for the $125 rebate. Thanks Dick for making Rally Idaho the cheapest rally we will do this year!
    1986 Group5 Merkur XR4Ti
    Sean and Jenne Medcroft