Special Stage Forums banner

Feeler: Group buy on DMack tires from OSM?

9K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  HiTempguy 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any Albertans (and maybe other westerners) would be interested in a group buy on DMack tires in order to save on shipping and possibly get a better per tire price?

OSM

Alternatively, if there is a potential local supplier please identify yourself!

#2 ·
Tony,

Thanks for the interest. We have had good interest coming from Calgary so far, and have worked out a bunch of shipping options. Contact me, and I can give you the details.

FWIW, to make it worth while for a "group buy" we'll need to get a mass of about 20 tires together to warranty a Pallet shipment hopefully to a commercial address.

OSM is the exclusive Canadian importer and distributor of DMACK's!

Thanks,
Chris
chris@oldschoolmotorsports.ca

#5 ·
Hey Onur, if you'd like, shoot me an email (aevokes@shaw.ca) with what you can do for 195/65r15 yoko softs. I don't know what models you have available (a035, a035e, ao53). Whichever ones you can supply. Let me know the minimum order you'd need for the price, I'll try and wrangle people up at the agm.

If the group buy would be applicable to 14's, that might entice guys like tony to join up :D

#6 ·
I myself am interested in 14" tires which is why I am interested in the DMacks.

Thanks for the info Onur, but I am pretty set on the DMacks at this point.

To keep this thread clean, let's stick to the topic (ie DMacks!)

Chris, if there are any serious Alberta buyers, please let them know about this thread. My plan would be to have a few pallets shipped to Lightspeed in Red Deer.

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks Chris. Please let me know the cost to Red Deer or even Calgary (thanks Vex). Final location will probably depend on where most of the buyers are.

Interested so far:

Runamuck - DMG3 185/65-14 (G4) x8 or x12
HiTempguy - DMG2 195/65-15 (G6) x5 or x6
wvdpoel - DMG2 195/65-15 (G4) x8
J Summers - DMG2 195/65-15 (??) x?

#16 ·
Wim (and everyone else)

We are not bringing any of the DMACK Ice/Snow tires in, except by special order. Reason being, the DMACK tire is developed around the WRC ruleset, and meant to be studded. When you remove the studs, you end up with big blocky treads, with no sipes, and something which is not anywhere near soft enough to work on ice that we see.

As such, we have decided to offer some road going snows which we know from our experiences work, and work well.

#17 · (Edited)
Thanks for clarifying on the winter tires Chris.

Update to interested list:

Runamuck - DMG3 185/65-14 (med) x8 or x12
HiTempguy - DMG2 195/65-15 (soft) x5 or x6
wvdpoel - DMG2 195/65-15 (med) x8
J Summers - DMG2 195/65-15 (soft) x6
Bobyn - DMG3 185/65-14 (med) x6
Rexxrally - DMG2 195/65-15 (G?) x6
Taylor N - DMG2? x?
Kris S - DMG3 185/65-14 (med) x6 or x8
Boris D - DMG2 195/65-15 (med) x8

#22 ·
Ok guys, here is the low down for this group buy

1. Tires will be sold at our advertised prices http://​www.oldschoolmotorsports.ca/​?page_id=352

2. OSM will ship tires to Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer, at no charge. FWIW, the average customer can expect to save ~$20/tire, if they were to call us today and have tires delivered to their door.

3. Group Buy participants are responsible for getting their tires from Lightspeed.

4. We need a minimum order or 40 tires, to honour the "free shipping". If less than 40 tires are on this group buy, we will charge shipping at a discounted rate, likely still a mass shipment to Lightspeed. But lets get 40 tires and not worry about that.

5. We would prefer all participants to contact us and order individually. This has benefits to each of you for our contingency program.

6. Please contact us at sales@oldschoolmotorsports.ca and we'll write up an invoice for everyone, and get the ball rolling on payment. Wire EMT/Interac is perferred, but we can discuss options with everyone....we know everyones situation is different!

7. We are happy to expedite this, as long as everyone involved, and sitting on the fence is ok with it! We don't really want anyone to be left out! We will double check on the shipping times, and adjust the "cut off date" to suit. But lets get the ball rolling otherwise.

Current list from the Specialstage thread is:

Runamuck - DMG3 185/65-14 (med) x8 or x12
HiTempguy - DMG2 195/65-15 (soft) x5 or x6
wvdpoel - DMG2 195/65-15 (med) x8
J Summers - DMG2 195/65-15 (soft) x6
Bobyn - DMG3 185/65-14 (med) x6
Taylor N - DMG2? x?

Everything here we have in stock, no problem. We would like to talk with those interested in the 195/65-15's, and see if the 205's are actually a better fit for you.

We really look forward to getting everyone on DMACK's and wish everyone the best of luck in 2012!

Thanks,
Chris Martin

#23 ·
Bump... We are revising the cutoff date to April 20. We can't wait any longer than that.

We have the following people committed to buy:

Runamuck - DMG3 185/65-14 (med) x8
HiTempguy - DMG2 195/65-15 (soft) x6
J Summers - DMG2 195/65-15 (soft) x8

for a total of 22.

The following are still maybes:

Taylor N - DMG2? x?
Chris Breau - ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.