Who owns the road? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who owns the road?

It's known that the forest service in Colorado has no interest in entertaining rallies.
    There are thousands of miles of potential rally roads in Colorado.
    There are small communities that would love an injection of money.
    There are many county roads that go in and out of national forest lands with no houses on them that are not maintained in the winter.
    My thought was that a winter rally could be possible in some of these areas at not too much expense to the city/county to keep the road maintained for a few extra weeks until the event. Or allow us to come in and plow the road the day before the event and never actually open it to the public.
    Baby steps first. Revive Cog then we can start planning ahead.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    Revive Cog then we can start planning ahead.
    Just out of curiosity, why is reviving Cog a prerequisite?
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

Because it should be easy and cheap and at least two of the Denver based rallyists work at the driving school and have access to all the people who did it before.
    Two stages that are about 6-7 miles a piece have no road use fees from what I understand.
    Each have held up to as many as five passes in a single day.
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

200 square left

Revive it as a regional rally?

Definitely Jeremy. With No Sage Creek or Breeze Basin stages. Middle Cog and Elkhead stages to start with as I understand those are free roads. Salt Creek and Wolf Mountain ones potentially in the future? I'd like to eventually get to the point of two-three local events up there if the season allows. We're trying to do what we can to get more cars that are sustainable and lower cost and lower maintenance. Probably going to look seriously at the 2.5 and 2.8L E36 BMW cars as something that you could cage, suspension, brake pads, intake, exhaust, chip, and go. Trying to find the first person to build one for currently. Will probably just buy one in a couple months if I can't convince someone else to. Then build it and beat the shit out of it at CORE and see if the car in nearly stock form could be a good starting point. Running/driving cars in the 1-2k range, build for around $10k, 200-220 hp RWD should provide plenty of fun and room to grow.Combine that with Open Light for all those guys that "HAVE" to rally a Subaru. Oh, and the Open guys are welcome to come as well, at least for the 1-2 events those guys tend to survive for. Three turbo Subaru's for sale here currently, all of which have done 0-1 event.
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215