Special Stage Forums banner

MaxAttack! 2011 Season Wrap Up Webisode

8K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  TaurusRacing 
#1 ·
Hey all, this is the chief light bulb changer over here at MaxAttack! World Headquarters. Been trying to figure out a way to document the great MaxAttack! action from this year. Grant, who has logged countless hours and spent much cashish on the awesome videos for us, is busier than a one-legged man in an asskickin' contest this year, so I am happy to announce that Matt "Bling" Johnston has offered to give us a hand! Humungoid thanks to both Grant and Matt, as well as to all the guys out there shooting for MaxAttack!

Here's the scoop. Gonna do a full season wrapup webisode that covers all 3 2011 MaxAttack! events.

Here's what we need from YOU! If you have in-car video from any (or some...or all) of the MaxAttack! events, you can upload it to Matt's FTP site. Inside the MaxAttack folder, create a new folder. Name the new folder with Driver and what the video is (which rally, etc.). If you know what footage is what, feel free to add a little text file in there to help Matt navigate your footage. (In other words, if you know of a piece of awesomeness and where it is on which clip, your chances of having it make the webisode are better if you take the time to tell us!)

Here's how to get the data to Matt.

ftp.mattjohnstonsfp.com
login: maxattack@mattjohnstonsfp.com
pass: $maxatt@ck14

Deadline? ASAP. (I'm sure Matt will give me something concrete as soon as he reads this.)

Thanks again to ALL OF YOU MAXATTACKERS for making 2011 another successful year of MaxAttack! 2WD competition.

That's it! Hope you're all straightening your suspension, welding up your cracked bits, rebuilding your broke stuff, and getting ready for an even crazier 2012 MaxAttack! season!

Lurch

See less See more
#10 ·
Yup. Please don't re compress anything unless you have too. Original camera files are fine.

If you want to cut down a huge 10 minute chunk of incar to 20 seconds where the action happens, that's cool. Preffered codecs for that would be Prores 422 LT, Avid DNxHD, MotionJPG or even H.264 would be fine as long as it is a higher bitrate and same framerate, resolution etc. as the original video. (So no Vimeo, Youtube preset). The more res the better, so please don't shrink anything down. My FTP can take it :)

But otherwise, just the original file would be cool.

#13 ·
my FTP is all jacked... keeps looping the upload once it hits 100% so it never gets on the FTP. Anyone know what would cause this? Tried 2 different programs and same stuff.

#17 ·
#21 ·
all up. included a bunch of "stock" footage of parc expose and scenery stuff too. hope this helps! if you see something in a the review video that somehow didn't make it in the transfer and you were looking to use, let me know. i archive all the vid files.

#23 ·
Thanks.

To tell you the truth. I didn't feel I had enough footage to weave something together that made sense, and looked great. I had a total of 6 teams upload incar for all 3 events. Which I really appreciate, but I didn't feel it was enough coverage overall since especially I did not have coverage of some winners of the events.

But maybe I'm wrong.

#24 ·
If those winning teams have been asked for incar and failed to respond or failed to provide anything . I'd use what you have. :)

if you have no way of contacting those teams, Then I'd feel kinda bad about using lots of footage from the others (that they beat)

but i'm kinda bias on wanting to see more footage included.... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.