Special Stage Forums banner

Rallymoto vid of Black River Stages

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Stagehand 
#1 · (Edited)
Well guys, here's my Goose Pond In from Black River Stages, this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUzd6CFJ4P8

I had a really pretty good rally. Had a better day 2 than day 1. No mechanicals! Only one or two big scares :D

Thanks Volunteers, and organizers! and Competitors! It was awesome to have the guys who DNF'd in the cars volunteer to help... Thanks a ton, guys. Congrats to all the starters.

#3 · (Edited)
Well, I think I averaged 48mph on Goose pond out. I think I averaged roughly 45mph over the whole rally. My fastest recorded speed was 85 on Fullerville.

Here's the moto guys speed graph, so you can see for yourself.

Chris Komar was joking about the stage notes we get in the roll chart for the stages. Its like "At 1.5 miles, go straight. At 3.8 miles, go straight. at 5.2 miles go straight, 5.3 Finish." :lol

I've really got to keep my eyes up in the corners. I keep looking at them instead of up to the other side of them.

Oh, that bike is an old BMW GS. 1990, aircooled, 1000cc. Papa was a skinny little trials bike, Mama was a farm tractor.

#5 ·
AH hell there's no time to look at the roll chart while on stage.. you kind of have to ride the road you can see. A lot of guys will glance through the chart right before and see if there's anything major to look out for. Which is why it was kinda funny that you get basically four instructions for a stage, and they all basically tell you to go straight :D ok, thanks for that, lol

I basically cut out all the stage notes and only keep the transits in the chart... You could conceivably run out of room in the little holder if you put the whole day in there, and you have to be going pretty fast to get lost on a stage. :D

That time graph is up on the Black River Stages website. I think its one of the many perks of Ander's organization :D

#6 ·
I can second the "running blind" comment. I came up to the start of the first 13 mile stage at Rally West Virginia, looked at the tulips for the stage, and was like "Ok. Hairpin right 8 miles in, and a caution at a bridge crossing a little after that." I looked down at the odo once, saw 5 miles, and figured that I'd see a caution arrow pretty soon.

Other than that... it's just what you see, man. Just what you see. Which has it's own set of problems (and hilarities).

On the graphs, we also do the standard "Graph of position changes", but it's much more informative when you look at that same data as time, we call it a "Graph of race closeness". Then, it's all broken down by class, championship, top 5/10, and so on. BRS pumped out a little over 100 different graphs. The speed graph linked above is a really great way to see who you're close to and who has upped (or downed) their speed compared to everyone else on a stage by stage basis.

Cheers,
Anders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.