Crew needed for LSPR
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew needed for LSPR

Default Crew needed for LSPR

Crew needed for LSPR.

Minimally I'm going to need someone to drive the service vehicle and set-up/tear-down at service. Ideally a couple people with some mechanical experience.

I have a suite at the HQ, with a couple rooms and at least 3 beds, so lodging is covered, and I'll also cover meals. If you're coming from the twin cities or someone not far off the path between there and Houghton, we may be able to work out carpooling to/from the event.

Mark Holden - G2 Nissan Sentra SE-R

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Mark, typically in the past Mark and I would talk with fellow G2 competitors (Matt, chad, etc...) to service next to each other. That way we could share crew guys if one of us had a big problem to fix. I know LSPR has assigned service, so that works out good too.

I'd be willing to share my single crew guy with you if you need assistance during service (assuming my crew guy would... I don't see a problem).

Although this doesn't solve your problem of getting your stuff to service and back again.
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

My crew situation isn't very clear right now otherwise I would for sure offer you help

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Carl, what? You normally have like 15 guys crew for you. Or were those just groupies?
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

Mark,

I think (hope?) I have enough goodwill built up amongst the rally community to be able to lean on people for some help, so that's why I'm focused on getting one person to handle driving a service vehicle around.

As it stands, right now I know next to nothing about what might break, what we can reasonably expect to replace in service, etc. My spares collection isn't huge, and probably not well focused on what I'll actally need. Basically, if I bust something up real good, I'm probably done for the event, or at least that day. So I need to deal with fuel, tires, and the basics of checking over the car when I come in.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhuebbe View Post
    Carl, what? You normally have like 15 guys crew for you. Or were those just groupies?
    out of the pool we usually draw from: 1 of them moved to florida, 1 might be starting a new job around that time, 2 are at a wedding and 2 could be codriving at LSPR

I'm crewing the Bug, but I'll lend a hand if I have the free time.

I will also put this out on the Northern and Tech car clubs. Feel free to email me.
    Kenny Thorstenson
    Crew
    Autocross/Rallycross Driver

Mark, we have you covered for backup. I have 5 guys crewing for the event, so all you need is someone to drive your rig.

They are doing assigned service for one of the locations, I can try and request a spot next to Chris and I for that location if you'd like. We should be in Houghton pretty early Thursday.

Keep me posted, you know where to find me.
    -Ian Seppanen Group 2, Car #240
    www.facebook.com/finnishfury

I believe I have a guy to drive the service rig (who also happens to be a damn fine mechanic, and the owner of the tow vehicle/trailer).

Ian, that would be great if you'd do that!

It's looking like I'll be in Houghton early afternoon, but I'm hoping to get out of Minneapolis earlier if I can...

Done deal.
    -Ian Seppanen Group 2, Car #240
    www.facebook.com/finnishfury