AlCan 5000 Winter Rally Co-Driver needed

Thread: AlCan 5000 Winter Rally Co-Driver needed

100 K left 2

Cool AlCan 5000 Winter Rally Co-Driver needed

So, my name is richard and i want to compete in the AlCan 5000 winter rally. I have two vehicles at my disposal (turbo GC Impreza Coupe and an Evo 8) as well as my share of entry money etc. if you have a prepared car we could take instead of mine that would be a plus as my vehicles would need a fair amount of upgrading.

the rally includes tsd sections, challenge sections including ice racing, driving the canadian ice roads (like the tv show), driving at speed on the frozen arctic ocean, dodging moose, caribou and lynx and perhaps having a drink in random canadian bars (not during the race of course).

What im looking for: someone with extensive tsd navigational experience and solid winter driving skills who is willing to share costs and driving/navigating duties.

what i offer:
    A, i can afford my share of the entrance fee.
    B, two year in a row season podium finishes for Oregon Region Rallycross in Stock awd and Modified AWD respectively as well as 6 years of autocross. I would have finished higher in rallyX but missed too many events to beat the die-hards (yes yes excuses, excuses). Also, ive driven the Alcan highway (not the race, the road) before and spent a winter horsing around in alaska (daily driving in conditions similar to the race) and have driven in the snow a fair amount since then. i have competed in 3 tsd's including the USRRC (which was my first tsd ever) which i did actually finish despite only having a week to prepare and a driver who was also completely novice. for someone willing to use their car i would compensate for the wear-tear etc.

what we'll need (not an all-inclusive list):
    i estimate fuel will total 1,000-1,500.... last i checked gas isn't cheap in the arctic circle.... could be more or less.
    team entry: 2900
    awd vehicle in dead-on reliable shape
    spare tires, emergency rations, first aid kit, warm clothing etc.

lastly: the desire to wild the f&/k out while having the common sense to make it home to tell the tale.

FAQ:
    What: http://alcan5000.com/ AlCan 5000 Winter Rally.
    When: feb 23 - march 2nd 2012
    cost: 2900 team entry + lots of gas
    Last edited by ralphie_503; 09-21-2011 at 11:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Tried to send you a PM but, you have those blocked. Am interested in the ride. Please either open your PM's or send me an e-mail, PM, or post your e-mail here and I'll send you the message.

Thanks,

Dave
    rallydave at pobox dot com
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

100 K left 2

sorry pm unlocked and message sent. thanks. R

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Hi
    See my post from today -