Special Stage Forums banner

Hello from Virginia

7K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  sebastian 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello - I have been reading the forum for a while, but this is my first post.

#17 · (Edited)
10-12 years ago the DC region was a happening rally hotspot. Every Friday night there was a rally happyhour where we'd meet at a wateringhole and tell stories, plan for future events, talk about cars,.....We held a rallycar show one Saturday at the prefered wateringhole and it made the local newspaper w/ lots of photos. In 2000, we started the SCCA DC region rallyX program w/ first 2 events at Nissan Pavilion. Soon after we'd had 60 car entries for rallyx. RallyX program has had multiple changes of guard and venues since but still going strong. We started the yahoogroup Jard mentions above. In 2001, 4 of the 5 of the car classes NEDiv clubrally codriver champions and one driver back when there were huge entrylist were from the DC region.

http://www.rallyracingnews.com/nepro/nediv-champs.html

We'd have convoys of tow vehicles w/ rallycars roadtripping together to events. Lots of fun.

I think the happyhours were what made this group. Thinking maybe we should start these up again. Looking back, now we call these 'the good ole days'. Some key people moved away but others are still around. Last happyhours we held were at Hops Brewery & Pub at the Potomac Yard in Alexandria. Or, I will scope out a sportsbar not too far from a motorsportshop in Alexandria that is still into rallying. The handful of the old core group around plus some new blood. Anybody willing to toss back a few on Friday or Saturday nights? Which night is best for you?

#18 ·
I think the happyhours were what made this group. Thinking maybe we should start these up again. Looking back, now we call these 'the good ole days'. Some key people moved away but others are still around. Last happyhours we held were at Hops Brewery & Pub at the Potomac Yard in Alexandria. Or, I will scope out a sportsbar not too far from a motorsportshop in Alexandria that is still into rallying. The handful of the old core group around plus some new blood. Anybody willing to toss back a few on Friday or Saturday nights? Which night is best for you?
I would absolutely love to, as soon as the rally season is over. ;)

#21 ·
Welcome to SS (and all the drama here)! :)

I think we met at RWV. My husband and I marshaled the "spectator" area with you. Nice to see you found the forums here... and hope to see you at Sandblast in Feb.

#27 ·
Their course is great practice for codrivers learning notes. Repeated 3 mile laps of technical stage let codrivers practice delivery of instruction timing with no worries from driver because they can memorize most everything so no gotchas to crash.

SCCA rallyX guys were running over on the orchard courses sorta behind the long straight on Summit main track Saturday and Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.