We will be going to Gorman and as novice drivers, we don't have a lot of experience (read: none) in writing our own notes. We have a pretty good game plan
1) Make sure our Timewise rally odometer is running an accurate tire correction factor so that it matches what a true milage is on a Garmin GPS.
2) Drive the recce with our tow vehicle with the Garmin
3) Driver (me) calls out what I see and want noted as we progress through the stages along with milage
4) re-pass the recce with the co driver reading his new notes and making corrections
5) cleanup and transcribe the notes that night to a clean notebook for easy reading
Does this sound about right? Am I missing anything?
I assume that we will have a Route Book to take with us on recce that has major turns and obstacles listed with GPS accurate milage, right?
If anybody would be willing to give some newbies a little coaching on a con-call, we will reciprocate with Tequilla at the after party. In lieu of Tequilla, we can bring gatorade