Special Stage Forums banner

Lake Superior Performance Rally dates are set ! 2 Day Event !

43K views 224 replies 50 participants last post by  U.P.Evo8 
#1 · (Edited)
Spoke with Dean today and he said this was available for sharing...

WHAT: LSPR 2011

Dates: October 14-16 , 2011

Other: 2 Day event

HQ: Country Inn and Suites Roazorback Drive Houghton ( Same as last year )

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176439735756444

#75 ·
I think you'll be surprised at how easy it would be to volunteer- the overall time commitment is similar, you obviously are just a bit more constrained about when and where you end up.

It'd be great to see some of the local rally fans convert into vital crew that help keep the event viable.

#76 ·
Sorry if I am asking questions with "an obvious answer" (not that obvious here on the left coast) .... or one that has already been answered elsewhere ...

Jembas and no Recce, right ?

Will supps be up soon ? .... website still has 2010 supps ...

#79 ·
LSPR Worker Reg

Happy to report that our web site is working and ask all thoughs coming work go to the worker page and sign up so we can get our base.

Also the daily schedule is up and I hope to see the supps ups soon and the stage schedule up by Oct 1.

Dean
LSPR

#80 ·
30 entries!!!

#82 ·
32 entries!!!

How many more will we see on the list before early entry ends Oct 1??? Enuf to get to 40? Last year 38 started, can we even match that?

#84 ·
Assuming the regional-only status is biggest reason most of those listed aren't entered. Would love to see a few of 'em show up & support LSPR as a regional, we will see...

#86 ·
That's the problem with it being aligned 2/3 with the RA National Championship. Those guys are all chasing RA championship and sponsorship and such based upon that so probably don't have the budget to do LSPR. Unfortunate.
We are planning to come out to film. I took a student position at the school and a huge paycut so not sure if we're driving out of flying in Minneapolis and driving from there. 20 hours each way vs. $200 per flight, 6 hour to Houghton, plus needing to find a car to drive. Also likely going to be the last year I can afford to do any video production. Wish we could find some way to have the real pros do the production in addition to what they are already doing.

#88 ·
Wyatt was looking for sponsorship to make it out there.

Don't know about ACP, Scion has made 2 MA events so far, but as said they were national events.

DVW didn't make it last year.

Doug seemed to wreck the SRT-4 pretty good at NEFR, so not sure what damage needs repaired on that.

Duplessis is unknown.

#91 ·
#90 · (Edited)
Stages are shown in the supps, just not stage order.

New stages that have run recently are:
Bob Lake
Beacon Hill

Returning are:
Moyle Gravel Pit
Far Point
Passmore
Herman

Someone needs to help me out on the L'anse stages.

#94 ·
Update for LSPR competitiors and fans, workers.

Saturday will see all three service times at the L’Anse High School parking lot. Only race teams and service vehicles will be allowed in the service area, but there is plenty of parking out front and down the street.

Also the L’Anse High School will be open for restroom use and the cafe(atorium) will be open and two school clubs will provide food for sale during the hours of 10:00am and 4;00pm for anyone wanting something hot and wet.

L’Anse Youth in Government (YIG) and L’Anse Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) are teaming up to put on concessions for the Pro-Rally service area. It will be part of a fundraiser to raise money for our groups to attend their respective conferences in the Spring. Each YIG student must raise $450.00 for their trip.

They learn about government first hand and becoming leaders in our state. They practice and roll play government rolls and learn about debating bills and actually use the Michigan Capitol Building for most of their week trip to Lansing.

Each HOSA student must raise about $400.00 for their trips to Regional and State conferences. These students participate in leadership activities and health related competitions were they learn and practice valuable skills needed to be effective future health care professionals.

The school will be open for bathroom use and the students will be selling (as a fundraiser) food and drink items. The building will also have areas set up for eating and relaxing. Weather permitting, there will be outdoor seating available as well. The clubs will be selling the following items.

Breakfast menu items:
Coffee, juice, milk, water, hot chocolate, Hilltop Cinnamon Rolls, fresh fruits, and bake goods~

Lunch menu items:
Various drinks, such as coffee, hot chocolate, water, juices, pop, etc. Hot Dog, Hamburger, or Sloppy Joe as a main item, include a bag of chips and a beverage for a combo price. Fresh fruits, baked goods, candy bars, Hilltop Rolls (while supplies last).

Paul Moore, YIG
Laura Schneider, HOSA

Please help our future by helping prepair them for theirs now.

Dean
LSPR

#97 · (Edited)
If I had to take a guess at stage schedule: (miles)

Moyle Pit 1 (1.69)
Moyle Pit 2 (1.69)
Beacon Hill (7.76)
Bob Lake (6.7)
*Kenton Service
Passmore (17.00)
Far Point (12.02)
*Kenton Service
Passmore (17.00)
Far Point (12.02)

maybe a Herman or Bob Lake (6.7 / 7.21) thrown in the Passmore / Far Point leg? Something around 90 stage miles?

Day 2, don't know about the L'anse roads. But there's Herman and Menge Creek. So really only 2 unknown stages for me. Which are Arvon Rd and Baraga Plains. Probably a smaller day 2, similar to Saturdays of past, somewhere close to 40 miles?

Menge (7.06)
Herman (7.21)
East of L'Anse / Arvon Rd (6.6)
West of L'Anse / Baraga Plains (4.6)

Leg 1
*service 1
Leg 2
*service 2
Leg 3

Probably a couple stages each, with short services. Or running 2 legs with one longer service.

#101 ·
The Stage schedule is up and posted on RA on our event info in the info section,

We should also have it up on our wed site shortly.

There maybe a few tweeks to the times, but looks good.

I was told the roads look pretty good, road discription soon pending rain over the
next 10 days off and on.

Plan for the worst and maybe get the best.?

Dean R.
LSPR

#113 ·
Sorry Dean, maybe I should be more succinct or direct...
Are Menge and Baraga Plains (Leg A) the same roads or parts of the same stages as Arvon Tower and Herman (Leg B).
I ask because from a video production standpoint it is a really big deal and we're planning to come out to produce Max Attack! coverage again. I know where Menge and Herman are but not the other two. Basically trying to figure out a day two plan. If you can go Menge (SS10) to Herman (SS13) to Baraga (SS15) to Herman (SS17) or if we should just plan on finding one good stage and planting ourselves on it all day and just film two stages total.
It'd also be useful to know possiblity of getting from Beacon Hill to Passmore as those are the only potentially non-night non-super special stages on Friday. Could do the SS again and then Passmore but would rather film a real stage than a super special, though if it's the same as last year, that's not the worst one I've filmed.

#105 ·
You don't ask for much, I'll get right on it, with all my other jobs and things I do hehe.

I have some real grease monkeys that can do the job better then me. I'll call them.

Gosh, 16 days to go, time sure flew the last few days.

Press On as Jimmy would say.

Dean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.