STPR 2011 - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: STPR 2011

I'll be there Thursday afternoon thru Saterday night for tire support. I have a TreadZone / Yokohama Contingency available where you could win 2 tires.
    Joe
    TreadZone

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Chris Duplessis is now entered with the R2 Fiesta, and it's nice to see Heath back too!

Quote Originally Posted by DatsunZguy View Post
    The winter this year was more snowy than normal, and there was some melt-off damage that was/is being dealt with. The spring rains were really bad this year; we had more than 10 inches of rain above the average in April alone!!! Some roads were shut down by the Bureau of Forestry, but have since been reopened. We drive the roads again tomorrow for radio check; I'll let folks know what we find. Typically portions of all the roads will see some level of regrading or other maintenance; the state budget is short on maintenance monies, so it's unlikely that we'll see a large amount of "large scale" regrading.
    Did you drive them yesterday? If so, how were they?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Tracey Gardiner from Rhode Island and tagrallysport looking forward to being there....

Quote Originally Posted by OUTBACKH6 View Post
    Chris Duplessis is now entered with the R2 Fiesta, and it's nice to see Heath back too!
    That should make the 2wd real interesting. If ACP shows up as well, that will be a fun battle to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by DatsunZguy View Post
    The winter this year was more snowy than normal, and there was some melt-off damage that was/is being dealt with. The spring rains were really bad this year; we had more than 10 inches of rain above the average in April alone!!! Some roads were shut down by the Bureau of Forestry, but have since been reopened. We drive the roads again tomorrow for radio check; I'll let folks know what we find. Typically portions of all the roads will see some level of regrading or other maintenance; the state budget is short on maintenance monies, so it's unlikely that we'll see a large amount of "large scale" regrading.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfurlo View Post
    Did you drive them yesterday? If so, how were they?
    We had a half dozen reports of bad spots, all of which will be fixed by STPR, Waste Management and/or PA Bureau of Forestry. Some of the roads are a bit "rutted" where frost heave, excessive moisture and gas industry or logging trucks have done some damage; there is a chance this will be fixed, too. Overall, not as bad as expected. Recce will let the teams know where to adjust speed and tactics.
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

Retired Rally Photographer

Are there still 4 million bajillion horseflies like the past 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kuncis View Post
    Are there still 4 million bajillion horseflies like the past 2 years?
    haha. yeah thats horrible. I know the caterpillars are eating the forest, but can they tell the flies to take a vacation that weekend?
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."
    www.brokenmotorsports.com