Special Stage Forums banner

LSPR?

16K views 50 replies 27 participants last post by  Jim Stevens 
#1 ·
I didn't see LSPR on the Rally America schedule, is it happening this year? Who's sanctioning?

#9 ·
#19 ·
It's my Dad's birthday, too. And he was born in Marquette. I remember him driving LSPR on his 60th. Good weekend!

Yeah...Points? What? I ran regionals because they were the cheap ticket into MaxAttack!. I probly earned points at NEFR and LSPR, but never checked. Perhaps they awarded some to Eastern and some to Central. I dunno. Maybe I missed out on a plaque or sumthin.

If they allow one to withdraw their regional points, I'd gladly do it. Just hate paying for nationals when I'm not running the national series, and these AWESOME organizers are offering kick ass deals for the regional competitors.

If I had my way, MaxAttack! would cost 50 bucks and that would be your whole entry fee! But that doesn't take care of the organizers, and they're our friends too. ;)

I am so pumped for MAXAFREEEEEEEKIN-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

#21 ·
With all the b-days happening on same day as LSPR, we should have a special celebration at Parc Expose. I'll ask my wife to bake cupcakes for 500 people... :p

#25 ·
I still can't believe we lost Colorado (still my favorite of the rallies I've been too) and LSPR because RA wanted to make room for rallycross. But now that Rally America/Rally Car lost Rallycross AND Xgames to the Global Rallycross organization, can we have these events back? If not, why can't NASA sanction them?

#26 ·
I think there's some confusion here. LSPR ran last year under Rally America. Ojibwe ran last year under Rally America - the only rally that was cut from the National schedule and did not continue was Colorado and that was the organizing committee's decision. Also, Rally America is still involved in rallycross. Taken from the Global RallyCross website
The sport debuted in the US at X Games 16 in Los Angeles in 2010, to great success, prompting Global RallyCross Management to organize and promote a US series in 2011. Global RallyCross Management also manages invitations and competition for X Games Rally contests. The series is sanctioned by RallyCar, the organization that promotes and organizes off-road rally car racing in the United States.

#30 ·
"carl" said- "I think there's some confusion here. LSPR ran last year under Rally America. Ojibwe ran last year under Rally America - the only rally that was cut from the National schedule and did not continue was Colorado and that was the organizing committee's decision.

Actually, that is incorrect. LSPR & Ojibwe in 2010 ran under rally America, BUT as Regional Rallies, NOT National. I was at LSPR; there was no SRT USA, no Antoine LeStage. It was a 1 Day Regional. Still worth driving up from Wisconsin, though. (It was a Max Attack Round as well.)I heard there from a Marshall that the plan was to have LSPR run as a Regional in 2010 & 2011, and then rejoin the National Schedule in 2012. I can only assume the same would be true for Ojibwe. Colorado, don't know, since its no longer a rally, but the National Schedule would be better if they were all back.

#37 ·
Keep in mind that LSPR will also be the "Regional Rally Cup", so all the top regional teams can battle it out once again.

#38 ·
I guess if you think a one day regional without the top teams is just as good as being in the national championship, there's no issue here. I don't. Those rallies (and Ojeb) were hosed for one reason: Rallycross. Debate the merits of a shorter 6 event championship, that's fine. it's probably the right choice. But the selection of the ones in and ones out was not done on the merits of the events, IMHO.

#39 ·
As someone who has championed that sentiment with vigor, and shares it, let me present the following:

What criteria for dropping three events would have been less arbitrary? All criteria for dropping events would have been at least somewhat arbitrary at best. There would have never been a good way to do it as all events had detractors and very positive factors as well.

The fact that the chosen criteria included one event in it that RA was aware would likely not be able to continue as a regional is regrettable.

I am still very happy that Ojibwe and LSPR were in a position to restructure back to a regional and remain viable even if that wasn't possible for my rally, Rally Colorado.

#43 ·
Unfortunately, the loss of the roads used at Saturday LSPR was completely unrelated to RA's decision on it being a national event.

And of course this whole discussion was restarted after somebody suggested that the events need NASA sanctioning. I haven't noticed Monster/Rockstar/SRTUSA at any NASA events, either.

#42 ·
We have beat this horse to death and I didn't mean to pull a Lazarus on it. If I were King, and needed to shorten the season, I would pull a WRC and rotate my "bottom" events. I also don't care much if SRTUSA and Monster!!!! shows or not, but the city of Steamboat does and a % of the worker base does, and some events would be in a bad way minus 15% of their walk-up marshalls.

#45 ·
October 14th-15th

LSPR will be October 14th and 15th.
They are looking for enough roads to make it a two day.
No Luck with the Keweenaw but may be able to do something with the Forest Service and Baraga.

Kevin DeLoughary

I'm not an LSPR Organizer, but I have played one on TV

#46 ·
LSPR will be October 14th and 15th.
They are looking for enough roads to make it a two day.
No Luck with the Keweenaw but may be able to do something with the Forest Service and Baraga.

Kevin DeLoughary

I'm not an LSPR Organizer, but I have played one on TV
YES! Two or one days, definitly will be there this year. I'm searching for a donor car to fix the Civic.

Bummer about the Keweenaw, I really want to tackle Brockway in my new car.

#48 ·
Thread got posted. 2 days. Following to the facebook page, it's all south of Houghton, so unfortunaltely no Burma/Brockway/Delaware.

Unsure about other Recce, but I don't doubt it will have Jembas.

#49 ·
Notes and Recce

At this time, I was told as was last year notes will be provided. This of course will be confirmed shortly by me with Mr. Hurst RC/RA. Regarding Recce, no not at this time.

Two day format, see Max Attack this forum under M.A. I posted there also.

We are sad to report that the land owner GMO is still holding out on permits, not just for rally, but also for snowmo, X-country skiing and Dog sled.

We are however bringing back a few roads from a couple years ago, and rerunning ones from last year.

The Rallymaster is hard at work dealing with a route and should have a schedule soon.

And yes the above note of running south is true, but not in the same area both days.

So we hope to have a nice selection of roads and degrees of say difficulty.

I hope to have the web site up and cleaned by the First of August with details.

Also for those on face book, we will try to do the same, I'm kinda a shy guy and don't like to talk.
A side note is that LSPR is the 2011 Regional Finals, but it is also the first round of the 2012 Cendiv rally series, there will be two events scored as LSPR I and LSPR II for 2012.
Dean R.
C0-Chair lsprorally.com
LSPR Regional Rally
RC/RA Regional Rally Championship
Final Round of Max Attack

#51 ·
Ferd:

Jemba notes is usually RA.

How it works is similar to the way Rocky was run for many years.

If you have lots of courage (or lack some other things) you assume the notes are accurate, reliable and that your driving style meshes. Then you can fully commit to the notes.

Unfortunately as at least three of us proved at Rocky on a certain left over crest coming down Powderface, that is not always the case - or the best strategy.

You and Martin will love LSPR - just bring lots of fuel assuming they run stages like Passmore and Far Point. Foot on floor = lots of fuel burnt and lots of fun.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.