Rallycross series at Raceway Park in NJ..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rallycross series at Raceway Park in NJ.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    bomber class- for sure..
    We've got a local series for that. Don't need to tow around the country.

Of course, maybe that's why it was listed in the Northeast (regional) forum.

I sure hope people don't keep destroying honest-to-goodness rally cars doing this. I've seen what Jeremy did to the Arrow and the Mustang, and that was on ice where damage is usually a lot less than on dirt!

Let the xboys build their specials. But degrading real, legal rally cars by removing their lights and carving them up to go bang bang is as blasphemous as smashing a vintage Gibson in a fit of stage rage.
    Things could be worse. You could be a crackhead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

rallycars are too costly... find a shell, weld in a cage, get a good engine/drivetrain, and let's race... and to let it not turn into banger racing, make sure you've got a clerk of course (some guy who decides everything) with a black and a white/black flag, and a board to display a number... you'll get the cowboys out of it soon enough...
    www.mr-autosport.be
    racing with CitroŽn Saxo Kitcar

200 square left

it appears that you don't even need a cage from the NJ rules unless you have a soft top. anyone want to confirm?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I know rallycross for many years, and i assure you, get yourself a cage, at least some old heating pipes welded together... an accident can happen quickly, even when unintended, and if you roll your car five times, you don't want it to be cageless...
    www.mr-autosport.be
    racing with CitroŽn Saxo Kitcar

200 square left

Quote Originally Posted by DenDC View Post
    I know rallycross for many years, and i assure you, get yourself a cage, at least some old heating pipes welded together... an accident can happen quickly, even when unintended, and if you roll your car five times, you don't want it to be cageless...
    You won't get any argument from me on that, just trying to talk about what you can and can't do under the proposed rule set. The rules seem pretty open. hoping someone more familiar with the event would chime in with a "this is the intent" along with the event announcement.

100 oversquare right

This post has a link for rules (I didn't look at them, just posting the thread).
    https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42996

I am not here anymore AlanPerry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
    This post has a link for rules (I didn't look at them, just posting the thread).
    https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42996
    The rulebook referenced in that thread is the 2011 RallyCar Rallycross Rules.

By those rules, the cage requirements for new builds are homologated cages and Art. 253 cages. Existing cars with cages need to meet whatever the 2010 SCCA rules required for SS, IT, T or AS class as well as "grandfathered" pre-2007 cages (the old Appendix 1 cage rules).

In case anyone asks, even though I edit the rulebooks, I don't know what is going on with the event calendar.

alan perry
    RallyCar Rules Committee

New TreadZone/Yokohama Rally Tire Contingency Program for Raceway Park Rally Cross!
    I'm working on the final details for a Contingency program for the chance to win 2 Yokohama AO35 or AO36 Rally tires at these events in 2011.
    More details to follow.
    Joe
    TreadZone