Rally Mexico 2011 - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Mexico 2011

Please add Reilly/Benthien to this list!!!!

Bummer...strike that..after talking to the boss and being accused of smoking some of Mexico's finest...it looks like 2012 will have to be our year...
    Last edited by reillydog; 01-12-2011 at 06:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Carl: Get Mike to update that roll cage and I bet you would get in!

Reilly/Johnson: I am sorry to hear that! Maybe we will run it again next year too! At the very least, if the american side of the planning goes well, I have no problem planning again for next year, even if I don't get to go!

Okay! A tad bit more info, which is direct from Rally Mexico by print (instead of phone!)

2 pdfs: Info sheet about the package and an entry form. If anyone wants these files, just send me your email and I will pass them along.

Further, I am waiting to hear back about sill bars (Roberto doesn't think it will be an issue not to have one) and about shakedown being included.

Contents of the info sheet:

Rally America 2011
    For the second year, Rally America will take part with the best rally in America and one of the most important rallies around the world: WRC México. Professional Teams could drive around excellent gravel stages supported by hundreds of thousands of fans during three days of pure action. You will be delighted with the Ceremonial Start and the new Super Street Stage in Guanajuato under colonial bridges and at least 20 thousand rally fans. You could be part of the best rally in our continent, never another opportunity like this during 2011.

Entry fee: $2,500.00 USD.* Friday February 4th, closing date for entries.

Included:
    1) Rally America 2011 entry.
    •Gravel stages of the WRC Mexico.
    •Super Street Stage in Guanajuato.
    •Super Street Stage in Leon, Gto.
    •Super Especial Stage in Leon, Gto. circuit.

2) Support with the transportation of your Race Car from Laredo to Leon and space for your spare parts in a container.

3) 5x10 mts service area outside of the Poliforum.

4)Two rooms for 7 nights per team.
    •To: Monday march 7th.

5) Free Entry for the Reconnaissance (by WRC Mexico Rally Guide 1)
    •2 Team passes.
    •2 service passes.

Rally America will work with just 3 categories:
    1) Open, all 4WD cars.
    2) “B”, 2WD 1800cc or more corrected capacity
    3) “C”, 2WD below 1800cc corrected capacity
    Technical and Safety Inspection will be supported by Rally America Rules book.
    *Entry fee just for foreign drivers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

To all those US teams planning on going to Rally Mexico. Am very interested in coming down there to help crew. I've been to Rally Mexico several times in the past so I can lend some information about the rally and Leon.

I am not a mechanic but, have many years of experience in TSD as well as Performance Rally. SCCA Prod Co-Driver Champ in 2002. Live in Houston TX which is right on the way to Laredo or can drive there and meet you in less than 5 hours.

Did notice something strange in what Kieren posted regarding the hotel rooms. With recce starting very early on Tuesday, am thinking the rooms must be Monday nite thru Sunday nite which is the 7 days posted and not Tuesday thru Monday?? Probably just some confusion with Roberto.

Please contact me off list and I can help with Logistics, notes, running around Leon and other rally issues. Can change tires and do minor car stuff. Do know some of the organizing team and am a friend of Jaime del Palacio, the Clerk of the Course and others so I'm no stranger to Rally Mexico.

Looking forward to helping make this the rally of a lifetime.

Thanks,
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

In reference to the question about hotels on that sheet (just got an answer):

What he means is Tuesday night - Sunday night, leaving monday morning.

Kieran

When will the entry have to be in? Very interested in going but only really want to submit entry after shaking down the car at Sandblast.

Cosworth: Feb 4th, send me your email and I will send the entry form along!

Quote Originally Posted by reillydog View Post
    it looks like 2012 will have to be our year...
    That's our plan too. The 2012 End of the World Tour!
    Jim Perrin - #716, but no more Jeep.... - TeamHazardRally.com

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwright View Post
    Carl: Get Mike to update that roll cage and I bet you would get in!
    HA!!! That truck might as well be on the historical register, I don't think anything will ever get "updated".

Maybe crewing would be the easiest way to get down there....
    -Carl

Quote Originally Posted by rallydave View Post
    To all those US teams planning on going to Rally Mexico. Am very interested in coming down there to help crew. I've been to Rally Mexico several times in the past so I can lend some information about the rally and Leon.
    Dave: Our team is still looking for help in Leon. We plan on leaving Washington State Feb. 26th. Do you by chance speak spanish, we are looking for someone to translate once we get down there. Also looking for someone to video the event along with all my on-board cameras. PM me if this intrests you.