Navigator Needed for 2011 season! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navigator Needed for 2011 season!

N43 37.126' W-115 15.273' Eddie Fiorelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    I typically always say Navigator , some say Co-driver, though this other team mate rarely ever drives at all. A navigator sits in the passenger seats and reads the Transit Directions, and the Stage notes (or stage route book). They also help organize your team at least at the rally (telling your crew how much time is left in service, where the next service is) they are a very important part of the team.

Some also say ballast...Depends on how big your wheels are.
    It was fun while it lasted. Old podcasts and interviews up at: Stage Notes Radio: Rally Podcast

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default "Ballast!!!!"

Yes Eddie those that say Ballast typically under appreciate what a Navigator/Co-driver brings to the party. We do a ton more than just help the car properly rotate through the corner. We are time keepers, map readers, rule minders, schedulers, organizers, "shrinks" and voice of reason.

Michael Milos
    Co-driver/Navigator

pressing on tirelessly

wasn't there an awd version of a golf in your body style ???
    Yes, there was, with a supercharged 8v. But the floorpan and rear suspension are different, and the gearbox is unobtanium.

Besides, who needs AWD and a snail anyway? Those things are just crutches for weenies.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

Quote Originally Posted by hoche View Post
    Besides, who needs AWD and a snail anyway? Those things are just crutches for weenies.
    Totally, same goes for non junkyard motors, Really motor work should be unbolting your current tired one, bolting on a fresh from the junk yard motor and call it good. Porting? Polishing? Bah who does that :P

anywho back to my "i need a navigator for 2011 thread programming"

Experience is greatly desired, as Michael said a Navigator really brings a lot to the table.

if you don't have any experience i'de still consider you, i'm going to take into consideration
    Experience,
    $$$ Contribution,
    how far away from me do you live?
    Personality

Obviously i expect any Navi to have their own safety gear covered (note this could mean you borrow it from others!)

and then weight my options (assuming i have any)

Hopefully there's a couple people on here who want to chase after a championship and have a great time doing it! I can accept losing, what i find unacceptable is not trying.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

50 caution yump

I've ridden with Alex in the past and had a lot of fun. His crew is awesome as well! I would happily do it but unfortunately I will be out of the country for work most if not all of the rally season. Alex I will be back in time for Big White though .
    Dan Norkus
    shotgun

100 oversquare right

Yarr, bummer you won't be around for this season.

Stay safe and make sure to send Alqueda my love and by love i mean lots of big bombs and bullets.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

50 caution yump

Yarr, bummer you won't be around for this season.

Stay safe and make sure to send Alqueda my love and by love i mean lots of big bombs and bullets.
    Will do!
    Dan Norkus
    shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by BajaBill View Post
    Alex,
    Find a hot chick for a co-driver, we need more of them

Bill Holmes
    Truck #44
    With the birth of Alex and Jeana's twins, I just had to drag up this old thread. Congrats again to both of you. Now buy a motorhome for a tow vehicle so the two of you can get back to racing next season!

100 oversquare right

Ya i'm still trying to work out how i can talk jeana into being left behind, or affording to take her (and 3 kids ) along ... :|

I think an extended E350 diesel is gonna be as close as i can get.. cheap RVs are still expensive but not reliable at all, and moderate ones are very pricey..

As long as i come up with a cool title (Team Manager!) i think she can just come along and hang out in the service area. drive the van .. i think ..

even having the kids i'm almost out of debt so .. about ready to finish fixing the car.. woot!