Special Stage Forums banner

New fella from NZ

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Shawn 
#1 ·
Im pretty new to the scene in Calgary and would love to get to know people in the community. Currently putting together an old friends car that Im taking over and starting from the beginning.
Pretty familiar with rallying through my father in New Zealand but time to give er a nudge myself. Stoked for any help in getting pointed in the right direction

#2 ·
There are two rally clubs in Alberta: the Calgary Sports Car Club (CSCC) and the Edmonton Rally Club (ERC). Both have websites/forums that are good places for info on rallying happening in Alberta. Currently, both have north american style rallycross series with good turnout, while the CSCC runs the 3 regionals and one national level race we host in Alberta.

www.cscc.speedracer.ca
www.edmontonrallyclub.ca

Rallying in western Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta) operates under the RallyWest region, an entity with direct affiliation with CARS (the national rallying entity, as well as sanctioning body of rally events in Canada).

www.rallywest.com
www.carsrally.ca

A great way to meet some of the racers, organizers, and volunteers would be to look at coming out to the end of year awards banquet being held on January 22nd in Red Deer. Many of the "faces" of rallying in Alberta will be there :D Of course, it might not hurt to attend a CSCC club meeting which I believe happens monthly ;)

You've unfortunately missed all of the events of the year, with the first event in Alberta not happening until March :(

Hope this info helps. Post here or PM me if you have any other questions. There are plenty of others that will chime in soon I am sure!

#3 ·
Logan! Welcome to rallying this side of the big pond!

Adam gave you several resources, all of which are very good. One more with more detailed schedule is www.cscc.ab.ca ... club meeting is this Thursday in the far NE of Calgary.

Feel free to call or email with any questions etc.

Shawn
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.