New Regional Rally February 12, 2011 - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: New Regional Rally February 12, 2011

Default Where's the Jumps?

After Black River I gladly gave hi res images to maybe a dozen teams and would like to be able to do that again here. I have never been on WM property and therefore have no idea what to expect or look for in order to get good shots of jumping and drifting cars. Backgrounds that are nothing but trees make it look like runnin in the woods. It would be great if someone could email me something from STPR showing the route. OR POST HERE? Thanks

Barry Sommers
    Freelance Motorsports Photographer for
    Grassroots Motorsports Maggazine
    STPR, NEFR, IRNY, BRS
    [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Som View Post
    After Black River I gladly gave hi res images to maybe a dozen teams and would like to be able to do that again here.
    My thoughts, as well as numerous other photographers on this forum, wonder why would you just freely give photos away? You bought a camera, you bought gas, you paid for a hotel, you ate food, you abused your car, etc. As mentioned on a very lengthy post elsewhere here it's recommended that one comes up with a reasonable price for said services.

Quote Originally Posted by Som View Post
    It would be great if someone could email me something from STPR showing the route. OR POST HERE? Thanks
    Consult the event master, or better yet, help with stage check out. If you think anybody's going to post the route here, thus giving everyone free knowledge of the route beforehand, go back to the crack pipe.
    Jerry Winker
    ComicOzzie Autosport Photography
    www.comicozzie.com

Wellsboro Winter Rally Bulletin #2

All extra Fees are waived for the Wellsboro Winter Rally February 12. This includes extra service vehicle, extra service space and all late fees.

Meridith Croucher
    WWR Chair

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Loading tires and equipment in the trailer today. See you there tomorrow afternoon.
    Joe
    TreadZone

Quote Originally Posted by TreadZone View Post
    Loading tires and equipment in the trailer today. See you there tomorrow afternoon.
    Joe
    TreadZone
    Thanks for supporting rally throughout the northeast, Joe!
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

For those that missed this in the Supplemental Regulations:

There will not be cash awards, however, The first place team overall will receive a full regional
    entry to The Waste Management Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally®, presented by Citizens
    and Northern Bank. The second place team will receive an entry to the co‐efficient 2 rally at The
    Waste Management Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally®, presented by Citizens and Northern
    Bank. These entries will be awarded to the driver/co‐driver team and are not transferable to
    another team.

For those that don't remember this is a total of $1050 in entry fees.

Meridith

We're finally bolted together and packed up, see you all this weekend. We'll probably try and find a bar or pub in Wellsboro for dinner tomorrow night, any recommendations?

I think the Stagecoach is good. Depends on what time you are getting here. Harlan's is good food, no bar. I haven't bee to the wellsboro House, but I hear the food is good. They are a good supporter of the rally folk.

I plan on being at Timeless Destination about 6 tonight, and hitting the pizza joint owned by Antonio (one of our competitors) tomorrow night. If you want to meet me tonight, call my cell. 845-594-1806
    Greg

When asked if he felt any pressure before the start of the 1992 RAC rally, Didier Auriol replied "I have no pressure now. I say OK, I drive. I drive ze best and I drive ze more fast what I can, and we see what happen. Sure, if I win I am very, very happy, but if I don't win I have 10 season more maybe to drive ze car and maybe I can win after."

Quote Originally Posted by dirtplaya View Post
    We're finally bolted together and packed up, see you all this weekend. We'll probably try and find a bar or pub in Wellsboro for dinner tomorrow night, any recommendations?
    Try the Wellsboro House on Charleston Street. We've always had a good reception there.

Simon
    Rallye Driver
    USUK Racing (rebuild underway)