New Regional Rally February 12, 2011 - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Regional Rally February 12, 2011

My "Family Christmas" extended into today. I will get the information to RallyCar as soon as I do the final edit of the Supplemental Regs. Sorry for the delay, but family comes first. Then Rally!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

This will be the time of year when one might see blowing heavy snow, freezing rain, sleet, splash yurned to ice, freezing rain or possibly a sunny day. "Gravel" mixed with snow should make good motion shooting. Will the road be plowed? "Real" roads aren't always plowed. Temperatures below zero even at mid day are not unheardof out there that time of year. We'll just have to go for it.

Barry Sommers
    Freelance Photographer for
    Grassroots Motorsports

The Old Farmer's Almanac is calling for Snow Showers and cold. Snowiest period in 2011 is Mid to Late February.
    The roads will be plowed only if they need to be.
    Last edited by STPRadmin; 01-03-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: forgot to answer a question

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

your other left, you idiot

Um............

(Bloomberg's not in charge, is he?)

Quote Originally Posted by STPRadmin View Post
    The roads will be plowed only if they need to be.
    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

Hmmm, scouring Craigslist for gently used snows now, but to get studs or not? After all, they allowed them at the winter TON event, and this is private land too...
    Greg

When asked if he felt any pressure before the start of the 1992 RAC rally, Didier Auriol replied "I have no pressure now. I say OK, I drive. I drive ze best and I drive ze more fast what I can, and we see what happen. Sure, if I win I am very, very happy, but if I don't win I have 10 season more maybe to drive ze car and maybe I can win after."

Studded tires aren't allowed by RallyCar.

Great, no studs it is! Thanks.
    Greg

When asked if he felt any pressure before the start of the 1992 RAC rally, Didier Auriol replied "I have no pressure now. I say OK, I drive. I drive ze best and I drive ze more fast what I can, and we see what happen. Sure, if I win I am very, very happy, but if I don't win I have 10 season more maybe to drive ze car and maybe I can win after."

That's right because TON Winter was a NASA event in 2009. I just wish I hadn't bought studs for NY last year, guess I have to pull them or sell them off.

I'll have Hankook I-Pike Snow/Ice tires at the event or I can ship them. I'll have 185/64R14, 195/60R15, and 205/65R15 from $55 to $70 each plus mounting at the track. I'll also have tubes with me.
    Joe
    TreadZone

FYI, Entry is open for the Wellsboro winter Rally. Competitors may register at www.rally-america.com. supplemental regs and new website coming soon.

Meridith