Very interesting TSD rally tool

Thread: Very interesting TSD rally tool

Default Very interesting TSD rally tool

Hello,

check this interesting TSD app. for Android devices:
    http://www.rallymeter.com/

Everything you need for your TSD rally events.

You can download a free demo at the Android market.

Thanks!
    Josep

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

very interesting indeed
    however i wonder if it puts u in "unlimited" class since it's programmable?

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

I think teh 'test' for unlimited is if it automatically tells you if you are early or late at any given time. (it tells you when you are as well as where you are)
    Tough to tell what this app offers.

I'd be interested in iPhone rally odometer apps and how useful they are. I'm guessing they use g-meters to interpret speed and therefor distance.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

This tool tells you the ideal distance that should have been travelled at a specified speed. There can be up to 99 speed changes in a single stage.
    It does not use GPS or satellite tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Morison View Post
    I think teh 'test' for unlimited is if it automatically tells you if you are early or late at any given time. (it tells you when you are as well as where you are)
    but its not connected to a car wheel
    how does it know the distance and tell u if u're on time if it has nothing to compare with?
    only if u input the distance manually
    from my point of view it's not a speed pilot, it's just a calculator though with very advanced program =o)

It's not connected to the wheel. It's a calculator with the ability to have variable average speeds and tells you the distance you should check with your odometer.

yes, that's what i said
    the point is
    though it's not driven by the wheel
    some judges consider it being "programmable" tool
    which is prohibited in "calculator" class

New version 3.0 available for iPhone / iPad. See features: www.rallymeter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    yes, that's what i said
    the point is
    though it's not driven by the wheel
    some judges consider it being "programmable" tool
    which is prohibited in "calculator" class
    In British Columbia when TSD classes where originally discussed and accepted, UNLIMITED CLASS was discussed at length. The main idea of this class was and I believe still is that if a team has any equipment that will calculate the true distance based on true time travelled, this will show the team an actual rally time (late/early or on time).
    Remember, this regulation was written in the late 90's, so as technology changes we will see different equipment come on the market that wasn't even envisioned back then, but the main idea remains the same. If the the device will give a team an advantage they should run in UNLIMITED CLASS, being this device be wheel driven or not.
    In the future there will be other devices we can't even imagine today, but the main idea should remain the same.

A good TSD rally master and/or steward should be able to place the equipment in the correct class. Ask before the event.

R. Lima

100 K left 2

Hello,

I've been looking into the use of the tablet/phone applications for TSD rally, and up until the last rules review (in early 2015,) you could use an app that uses inputs from GPS to calculate everything, and it didn't move you up to the SCCA class E (Equipped) or what you might call Unlimited, but unto Limited class, because the tablet did the calculations automatically, but wasn't physically connected to the vehicle to get distance inputs in some way (electronic pulses, OBD mileage, etc.)

Because of the technological developments of GPS in tablets/phones, the SCCA rules were revised to reflect the class E (or unlimited) concept that the computer gets inputs without a person physically entering them, as you would a programmable calculator (which isn't really programmable, it just has a bunch of memory slots) the combination of GPS&tablet does everything, so it bumped you up a class.

However, there are some apps that require enough navigator input to meet the rule for the calculator class. You basically just watch your GPS odometer, and when it advances by 1.0 or 0.1 unit, you tap a button, as you would on a simple calculator. The fact that this 'calculator is on a small tablet computer doesn't mean that it's a "programmable" device. It's just a calculator app that already has the formulas input, and you just change the speed and update as needed.