Any locals going to the X Games? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any locals going to the X Games?

So long & thx for all the fish jds's Avatar

I'll be there if my son doesn't forget by Saturday morning that he asked to go. How bad do we think the parking situation is gonna be? Public transportation from SD is kinda a nightmare (shocking!)
    KI6UGL
    www.jonathanschiller.com
    On my world everyone is a pony and we all eat rainbows and poop butterflies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    I'll be there if my son doesn't forget by Saturday morning that he asked to go. How bad do we think the parking situation is gonna be? Public transportation from SD is kinda a nightmare (shocking!)
    I expect parking and traffic to be a huge pain. The Coliseum site recommends parking at USC, (just north of the Coliseum). They also have alternate route suggestions: http://www.lacoliseumlive.com/joomla...news&Itemid=73

We're in section 24, row 64. Looks like we're about 30 rows behind the DI group, and over one section.

-Erik

There are several USC parking structures (PS1 and PS2) at the corner of Exposition and Figueroa. I park in PS1 on weekends that I have class and it's usually not too crowded during event weekends. Parking is usually $8 but may be $20 if the school is taking advantage of the event, which they most likely are!!

I don't think that it will be any worse than a USC football game but a lot of parking around the stadium may be used up for the various events.

Anyone looking of decent food drinks should stop at The Lab Gastropub right off campus on Fig.

Andrew
    Last edited by Sans Peur; 07-30-2010 at 02:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UP2MTNS View Post
    Racing and BEER!! hey, just like NASCAR! LOL
    It was pretty NASCAR with that weaksauce oval for the Super Rally. But it was still a damn fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler T View Post
    It was pretty NASCAR with that weaksauce oval for the Super Rally. But it was still a damn fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
    yeah, and I can't even begin to keep up with the 22+page thread on it in the USA forum.
    (the other) Jon Burke
    I drive a Sub-a-rat
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jon-B...13428728700857
    Team Blog: Up Two Mountains Rally Team

"...when it comes to racing and sushi, I never look at the bill." - Foust

I read all 26 pages plus the 10 on Nasioc whew boy!!

Quote Originally Posted by 505 Motorsports View Post
    I read all 26 pages plus the 10 on Nasioc whew boy!!
    cliff notes please.

(and why are you reading teh interwebz pagez and not working on your car for my event!! LOL)
    (the other) Jon Burke
    I drive a Sub-a-rat
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jon-B...13428728700857
    Team Blog: Up Two Mountains Rally Team

"...when it comes to racing and sushi, I never look at the bill." - Foust

Umm cause I'm at work right now. Basically the same bitching and whining you'd expect from special stage on how it's not real rally and how this years was especially horrible bla bla bla. Nasioc is pretty similar.

Hey give Mike Hurst and Jb Niday a break...I think next year you will see something different in the course make-up..Mike got my report card and I was being nice...they do have feelings you know like the rest of the organizers. Mike agreed and said he had to sit there and see that viewers of 1 million watching the same thing and it felt like the fiasco of the F1 event with the tires...so I think they will be talking to ESPN concerning 2011...but the Super Rally was the crowd favorite....if you heard the kids around us..they were screaming...C'mon, getta up that hill...at least they were not whining..maybe we all need to take a lesson from the 5 year -10 year olds...

All I could hear was when are the rally cars coming back?....We all look at it very critical when the ordinary public look at it as entertainment and had fun...

Young teenagers had signs made up...people were trying to get the wave going there...so I think by the time the Super Rally happen the ordinary public were having a blast watching them going over the hill and up the side of the coliseum and at the end the competitors doing doughnuts...
    Denise McMahon

I wasn't complaining. I blame ESPN for the problems not Rally America. I thought that the Super Rally event was awesome and think that the Euro RallyCross events will be great for the sport of rally here in America. Even though the events are not real rally they bring much needed visualization to the sport of rally. One could ostensibly pitch the benefits of the RallyCross events to sponsors and gain the type of support to allow them to run stage rallies. It may even lead to the televising of Rally America stage rallies here in the states if it garners enough interest. I have long been a proponent of getting rally cars in front of spectators in a format that allows them to eat their nachos and drink their beer without having to traverse into the forests. I see it as a gateway to attract new rally fans and grow our sport.