Team O'neils Rally School - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team O'neils Rally School

People's Republik of Cambridge & 'Zuma Costa Rica

The 5 day school is the cheapest rally seat time you can buy. In 5 days you'll get ~30 hours of in-car instruction, and near ~150 miles, of closed stage roads. Including car use, fuel, spares, instruction, safety gear, and all the cones, trees, rocks you can hit. Day 5 is designed for more stage rally simulation; pace notes, time control, vehicle recovery, building a team, and so forth.

I rolled there once and the first word out of my instructors mouth were into the radio for someone to bring up another car so I can keep running. Good luck getting that sort of service at A Skip Barber school.

Also, as noted above, if you think TON is costly, you exploring the wrong sport. Try a 1-day "rally" experince course first, for 600 bux its dirt cheap [yes, pun intended]
    "What would Steve Zissou do?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by REDrum View Post

I rolled there once and the first word out of my instructors mouth were into the radio for someone to bring up another car so I can keep running. Good luck getting that sort of service at A Skip Barber school.
    When I went the same thing happened. A guy in my group put a car on it's side. They got on the radio and another car came out for use, and we put the other one back on it's wheels and took it to the shop.

I think the folks in the shop are busy, busy, busy people.

So, I just attended the school two weeks ago. There are multiple levels - ranging from the aforementioned "rally experience" up to 5-day rally school (which is rare on their calendar).

The most common, max-length school is the 4-day, which I attended. The instructors there are great (and many of them are well known in the US: Chris Duplessis & Travis Hanson just to name a few) and they are very patient. They teach you *technique* and much of it is reprogramming your brain from all of the bad habits you have!

Generally speaking, the 4-day school is structured such that about 1.75 days are in a a FWD car, and the rest are either in RWD or AWD depending on your preference. (My last days were spent flogging Audis and Subarus).

There are a million photos and videos online of people attending his school. Yes, it's expensive. But all said and done, it was about the total cost of competing one event by the time you factored in all of my costs (hotel rooms for crew, food, entry, gas to/from/at event, incidentals).

As said before, this is a stupid expensive sport. But you'll have a hoot at TON's - especially now that you can flog the Fiestas as the FWD cars!
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map