Best First rally: BRS or RNY? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best First rally: BRS or RNY?

codriveur

For the reasons you stated above the one day rally sprint would be a decent choice.
    Bernie

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

200 square left

While I can't comment on RNY. My co-driver and I did BRS as our first rally last year and had a ton of fun. The roads are great, besides the jumps they aren't car breakers IMO. The schedule was pretty relaxed overall plus the food at the awards ceremony was excellent.

downside is you have to invest in some lights for the night stages. there are plenty of good options that aren't full HIDs.

do them both?

I've done both events, several times. Both are fun but I think BRS has the better roads. BRS gets my vote.

Simon
    USUK Racing

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the input so far, some good info from competitors I have a lot of respect for!
    Dan
    "This ain't asphalt, son, this is dirt, you don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips; I'll put it simple, if you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right. -Doc Hudson

50 caution yump

BRS has some of the most fun roads. As mentioned there are some big jumps but launching is up to you. I have run BRS several times as a driver and have run the rally sprint and IRNY as a co-driver. The rally sprint is also a good choice but I would suggest you do that with an experienced driver as it offers recce. If I were you, I would start outnwith BRS as its a fun rally, has great roads, relaxed schedule and notes!

100 oversquare right

My vote is for BRS, second choice the sprint.
    A question (that was implied by an earlier comment). Have either of you run a TSD event before? If you have (or do), that would be a big start towards learning the timing, score card, transit part of stage rallying. While there is much more than that, it certainly helps. And having been around the sport for several years, you know some of the other ins and outs. There have been others that have jumped in both feet first with absolutely no exposure and it's been difficult for them.

we fixed our turbo problem. dirty's Avatar

I vote BRS 1st and Int'l RNY 2nd. I think a two day event is better so you can take some time coming to speed and learning the car, working together etc.. Look at it as two events in a weekend with a goal to finish both.
    J.Smith
    Subaru Impreza #22

Thanks for all the input everyone, my codriver has drill (AF reserve) on IRNY weekend, so it looks like the October gravel sprint will be the first, I look forward to meeting some of you there!

Dan McGinn
    Dan
    "This ain't asphalt, son, this is dirt, you don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips; I'll put it simple, if you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right. -Doc Hudson