Mazda contingency money is now easier to get - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mazda contingency money is now easier to get

Quote Originally Posted by eyesoreracing View Post
    Eric,

The intention is not to discourage national entries, but simply not to require them. I think the rules got edited down to the point where some details aren't explained clearly enough, but my intention is for national and regional entries to be scored together. For the purposes of our payouts, a national entry is actually running two regional rallies. You can still win the full amount, and you can still win partial payouts. This also means you can run the regional, think you won the big money, and get beat out of the money by someone in the national who you didn't realize you were racing against. That potentially sucks, but we had to come up with SOME way to play fair to everybody, regardless of their entry fee budget.

-Dave
    Okay, now THAT is a good idea! Basically, you're paying the MaxAttackers like we do, whether it's a MaxAttack! Event or not. I'm glad you got involved with the program, Dave!

So by the above description, a national entry who was fastest on Friday, but DNFs on Saturday still wins 1st place cash for Friday. That's cool, but what do we send in for a results sheet with our contingency form? Nothing exists that shows that driver "winning" anything.

Thanks again. Preparing 2 forms for NEFR. (I ran the regionals/MaxAttack!)
    Things could be worse. You could be a crackhead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Burmeister View Post
    Okay, now THAT is a good idea! Basically, you're paying the MaxAttackers like we do, whether it's a MaxAttack! Event or not. I'm glad you got involved with the program, Dave!

So by the above description, a national entry who was fastest on Friday, but DNFs on Saturday still wins 1st place cash for Friday. That's cool, but what do we send in for a results sheet with our contingency form? Nothing exists that shows that driver "winning" anything.

Thanks again. Preparing 2 forms for NEFR. (I ran the regionals/MaxAttack!)
    Yea, that's a very good question. We were supposed to sign up for a custom scoring deal with Rally America so they'd provide us with the mixed scores we need, but I'm not really sure if that happened or not. Frankly, there aren't that many Mazdas running at the moment, so we're able to handle the oddball stuff one at a time. James Painter processes all the contengency stuff, and when he gets stuck on a rally one, he's supposed to come to me to sort it out. Its pretty easy to paste both national and regional times into a spreadsheet and re-sort. Things only get complicated when there are road points, since the RA scoresheets don't say when they happened.

Case by case for now...

-Dave

Good to know. Since I'm not running a national championship this year, and good folks like Tim and Ted offer $500 double regionals, and MaxAttack! adds all the scores together for a weekend anyway, I'll keep running regionals. But good to know we have a liason on the inside that understands rally intimately to help sort out the contingency should one of these partial national issues come up for someone.

Sending two forms in now. For NEFR, giving all my Mazdamoney to my navvie and crew. They rocked it.
    Last edited by Eric Burmeister; 07-21-2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Things could be worse. You could be a crackhead.