NorCal: A different kind of rallyX....

Thread: NorCal: A different kind of rallyX....

Default NorCal: A different kind of rallyX....

NO, not that EU style rallycross stuff, what am I....some kind of Rally America Organizer??

This isn't until September 18th, but I wanted to give people plenty of heads up...here's the official thread/discussion, but I quoted it below as well.

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13891
    (course map is on page 4)

Venue: Prairie City 4x4 area

Course Layout: There will be a definitive course that everyone is familiar with (we've all run at PC before), but with MINIMUM cones....enough to keep it 'safe' and within published SCCA rules on safety and speed, but not like any other 'open' course you've seen before.

HOWEVER, the cones that are there WILL be critical....as in, no timing penalties....if you knock over a cone, you're automatically DNF'd for that run. Think of it like stage rally and cones = trees. Driver skill and car control will win this race. This will also help keep drivers under control...this is NOT a free-for-all.

Timing: I just mentioned stage rally, and this will be run in STAGES. Each competitor will run 3 stages. 1 stage = 3 laps. (yes, I just said 3 laps, you got a problem with that?). Competitors will run one at a time.

Classes: There will be 2 classes. AWD, and 2WD. Run whatchya brung, winner takes it all. There will be no whining or crying about who's got what mods or what tires. Mods will not win this race (and as we've seen in the past, even rally tires won't win this race)....good driving and a reliably set-up vehicle will finish....all others will fail!!

There will be TROPHIES. No, they won't have your name engraved on them, but there will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies for each class....you can put them on your shelf in your living room so that when people come over you can point it out and say, 'Yes, I'm a bad-*** rally car driver.' This event will NOT be for FRX or CRS Rally Cross Points/Series.

Competitors: Currently, I'm limiting this to 30 competitors. This is an invitational, so everyone must apply. NO ROOKIES. Send me an email with your documented experience (please include published links to online results if possible) and what car you'll be driving. Final decisions are totally up to me, and me alone. If you don't get picked, I'm sorry....if you don't get picked and you whine and cry to me about it, I'm definitely NOT sorry.

Safety: Typical rallyX safety equipment, as we will be following typical rallyX rules and regulations. Driver's meeting is mandatory and we will ALL walk the course together in the AM. No, cages will not be required, we're not going THAT fast guys, come on.

Pricing: Entry fees will be tiered as I've done in the past, and since this is the same weekend as the SCCA rallyX on Sunday the 19th (which I'm also running), I'll put together a full weekend package for ultimate rallyX savings!

Up to 15 entries: $140/competitor
    16-20: $135
    21-25: $130
    26-30: $120

ROI: I already know what some of you pansies are thinking......$120 for a day of rallyX? But don't forget, 1) you're not a pansy, and 2)you're actually getting 9 full laps at speed....

PLUS, for those that want to compete both days, Sunday's rallyX will only cost you $30, if you pay for both days, upfront.

That's $150 for a sh1tload of seat-time....and a ton of competition. If you don't like it, too bad....if you cry about it in my thread, you won't get invited. Its January, so that's $16.66/month to save up, if you can't do that....

Schedule:
    Because this is new, and running one competitor at a time WILL be time consuming, we'll be starting butt-*** early. 1st car on course at 8:30am SHARP.

Driver's meeting/course walk through at 8:00am SHARP.

This will be all day long (especially if we get 30 people)....no one leaves early or its a DNF. Anyone has a problem with that or wants to cry and complain? Just do us all a favor and don't show up. Pansy. Its January, I'm giving you 9 months to plan this out, so don't give me some lame-*** excuse about something you gotta do with your GF. Wuss.

Tech:
    This will be self tech, you're adults, you're not rookies....prep your car right. If you're car overheats on 1 lap at a normal rallycross, you better get that sh1t squared away before you get on my stages.

Workers:
    The beauty of this model is: minimal workers....1 maybe 2 'spotters' on course to watch and make sure if you knock over a cone, they DNF your ***. No workers will have to pick up cones cause there's none to actually pick up....if you hit a 'DNF' cone....they'll just red flag you and you can go back and pickup your own cone, you crappy *** driver!!

(i'm going to try to have those 4ft 'pylons' so if you 'tap' one, they won't just knock over easily, and you can see them over your bumper)

We'll need a few folks for timing....but grid should be straight forward as well. We'll split everyone into 2 run groups, and while half the field is running, the other half can work and relieve people on a regular basis.

Pre-reg details will follow...but I'll probably start the process in July. 50% down to hold your spot, since this is invitational only and limited comptitors, I don't want people flaking, because then you've wasted a spot that someone else could have taken.

Disclaimer:
    I reserve the right to change whatever I want, whenever I want, as I see fit, in regards to safety, schedule, timing, WHATEVER. If one of you cries about it, too god-damned bad....but if enough of you cry about it, I'll do what's fair.

__________________________________________________ ___________

All joking aside, I think this will be a really fun event, and I hope a bunch of you decide to come out and partake!! I feel I've got a lot of the 'logistics' covered for this new format, but feel free to bring something to my attention if you think its pertanent.

ALSO, I'll have more details later, but I'm going to try to get some other schwag/goodies/etc together that I will raffle off.

And please note, this is put on by UP2MTNS Rally Team!!....assuming I can do better than break-even, any extra proceeds will go directly to supporting UP2MTNS at Prescott rally, which is just 2 weeks after this event.

__________________________________________________ _____________

REGISTRATION LIST:

1) drew88 (AWD)
    2) punkrockerjohn (AWD)
    3) lminette (AWD)
    4) rally OBXT (AWD)
    5) UP2MTNS (duh)
    6) T-heineken (AWD)
    7) Snowflow_mfg (AWD)
    8 )SoCalBoomer (2WD)
    9) j5isalive (AWD)
    10) bigcale (AWD)
    11) eric_m48 (2WD)
    12) chimchimm5 (AWD)
    13) TylerSti (AWD)
    14) mudpie (AWD)
    15) Tam 'Ran 1 event and won NorCal R4' Su (AWD)
    16) 409Industries aka Aaron "I got you all the discount" Ekinaka
    17) A1337STI (2WD? 4WD?)
    18 ) Blixtorp1 (2WD)
    19) pomspeed (AWD)
    20) slowbaru (AWD)
    21) rollo aka Phil 'I just saved you all another five dollah!' Stewart-Jones (AWD)
    22) Thierry Hugand (AWD)
    (the other) Jon Burke
    I drive a Sub-a-rat
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jon-B...13428728700857
    Team Blog: Up Two Mountains Rally Team

"...when it comes to racing and sushi, I never look at the bill." - Foust

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

bump, Lee Sorenson is in!

we need more 2WD competition!!

so, if I correctly mapped out your course w/ google, you're looking at laps of about ~2/3 mile?

So a single 'stage', 3 laps, is about 2 miles? 4-5 minutes per stage maybe?

Sounds like fun, will have to consider it...

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bopApocalypse View Post
    so, if I correctly mapped out your course w/ google, you're looking at laps of about ~2/3 mile?

So a single 'stage', 3 laps, is about 2 miles? 4-5 minutes per stage maybe?

Sounds like fun, will have to consider it...

something like that....we run the same basic course for 'normal' rallyX's following that line, but we usually have slaloms and loopty-loops and stuff to make it a lot tighter/slower, and they end up being around 2.5 minutes or slightly less.

So with it completely open, I'm thinking 1 lap is going to be about 90 seconds x 3 laps....yeah, right around 4.5 minutes....ave speed about 27mph...??

What's nice about PC is its not a flat field...a bit of down hill, a bit of uphill, and some fun undulations in spots.

in fact, I'd say there's only 2 or 3 actual 'flat' sections that don't stay flat for very long.
    (the other) Jon Burke
    I drive a Sub-a-rat
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jon-B...13428728700857
    Team Blog: Up Two Mountains Rally Team

"...when it comes to racing and sushi, I never look at the bill." - Foust

registration is now open!!!

If you haven't received anything from me by July 31, and you're on the list in the first post in this thread, please PM me on at burkejon at yahoo dot comm.

Registration Schedule:

-Invites go out by July 31st, 2010.
    -All deposits must be received by August 21st. Deposit is 50%, or $60 to confirm your entry.
    -Any pre-registration deposits not received by the 21st will be considered a 'withdrawal' and your seat will be offered to the next person in the waiting list.
    (After that, you can still send in your entry fee if there is space but you must pay 100% upfront.)

-'Wait-listed' people will be invited, as space allows, after the 21st. 50% will be required to hold your seat.

DAY OF EVENT: All balances must be paid in full (just like any other event) the morning of the event at registration. REMEMBER, the more people who pay 100% in advance means the less work to do that morning and the quicker we get started.

FAQ:
    -How do I pay?
    I will include my mailing address in your invite, you can send checks /money orders with your pre-registration.

-PayPal?
    YES, I'll include my PayPal address as well. Please add 3% (61.80). IF you pay all $120 upfront (must be received by midnight, August 21st), I will waive the 3% fee.

-Credit Cards?
    See 'PayPal' above.

-Beer/Hookers/Blow?
    No. Unless your have a hot sister who thinks my gf is hot.

-I'm also attending the SCCA RallyX on Sunday, what then?
    Actual registration for that is separate, but since I'm doing the 'group package' for both days for $150, and upfront payment is required for that deal, you can also send me the full $150 if that's easier and I'll waive the 3%. (its certainly easier for me). But you don't HAVE to pre-pay the full $150 until Saturday morning registration.

-Refunds?
    In general, there are no refunds once the event begins. If you have to withdrawal before the event, email/call me directly.

-I'm currently not signed up but I think I want to go cuz' this is really cool but my sister is going out of town that weekend and I *might* have to drop her off at SFO, but I could get my mom to do it and then I can race.....can I show up Saturday morning and pay $120 the day-of?

NO.

-what if I pay a little extra, like $140?

NO

-$250?

Well......OK.

most recent invite list....

REGISTRATION LIST:

1) drew88 (AWD)
    2) punkrockerjohn (AWD)
    3) lminette (AWD)
    4) rally OBXT (AWD)
    5) UP2MTNS (duh)
    6) T-heineken (AWD)
    7) Snowflow_mfg (AWD)
    8 )SoCalBoomer (2WD)
    9) j5isalive (AWD)
    10) bigcale (AWD)
    11) eric_m48 (2WD)
    12) chimchimm5 (AWD)
    13) TylerSti (AWD)
    14) mudpie (AWD)
    15) Tam 'Ran 1 event and won NorCal R4' Su (AWD)
    16) 409Industries aka Aaron "I got you all the discount" Ekinaka
    17) A1337STI (2WD? 4WD?)
    XX) Blixtorp1 (2WD) (FLAKER #2--Sold the Mini!)
    19) pomspeed (AWD)
    20) slowbaru (2WD)
    21) rollo aka Phil 'I just saved you all another five dollah!' S-J (AWD)
    22) Thierry Hugand (AWD)
    23) giusepi (AWD)
    24) Lee Sorenson (AWD)
    25) WAM!!! (AWD)
    26) lorenkb [FULL DISCOUNT!!]
    XX) kMOUNT (AWD) FLAKER#1
    28 ) Bryan Wu (AWD)
    29) deltron (AWD)
    30) LURK (AWD)

27) blue car (AWD)
    18 ) munzopk (2WD)

WAITLIST