Ga rally
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ga rally

Default Ga rally

So... I read all the previous suggestions for how to get into rallying. THe consensus that i seem to be getting is, Time, Dedication, lots of money, going to school, and getting to events if nothing more than to volunteer and get accustomed to the sport itself.

That being said... I live in Georgia. Im going to school at Georgia Tech for mechanical engineering and have been bitten by the rally bug. I dont know where i can go to get involved, Everything that is east cost seems to be in New England. i know Money is a huge factor, but i cant even aford to get to races if they are all 1500 miles away from me. So i guess what i am asking is, Am i missing something that is closer to me than PA? or does anyone have any other suggestions of getting involved? Thanks in advance! I cant wait to graduate and figure out how to get the $$$.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

your other left, you idiot

There's FL, SC, TN, MO, etc.

Take a look here:

http://www.rallyracingnews.com/2009rallyschedule.html

Welcome to the looney bin.

Come work an event. Come crew. Do NOT buy a car first !!! Look at the stickies for getting started.

And, finish school !!

Welcome. Have fun.

press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

Close to Georgia you have
    Sandblast Rally in Cheraw, SC
    Stark Florida
    Rally TN, Linden - TN.
    Rally WV - Elkins, WV

Some up north
    Black River Stages September 19-20, 2009 you can come and work for this rally
    Rally New York - NY

Welcome!

Marcel

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Forget Georga Tech, transfer to Michigan Tech. There is a reason its referred to as "Rally U." You also wont have any problems with those pesky girls distracting you from your studies/rally up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl S View Post
    Forget Georga Tech, transfer to Michigan Tech. There is a reason its referred to as "Rally U." You also wont have any problems with those pesky girls distracting you from your studies/rally up here.
    ^^ MTU for the win! There's a ton of rally guys that went to school there, including myself.
    Billy Elliot Mann
    Car #37
    1988 VW GTI - Sold!
    1996 Civic - Build thread!
    1992 Civic - Wife's rally car
    Octane Academy Alumni. They found the best driver by having us snowboard and ride ski bikes!

I will need to start gathering a crew starting next year for my efforts - I'm out in Charleston, SC but tow often tow through Atlanta to head to Linden, TN.
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    I will need to start gathering a crew starting next year for my efforts - I'm out in Charleston, SC but tow often tow through Atlanta to head to Linden, TN.
    Well if i could be of any assistance that would be awesome. I have minimal experience with cars and am currently a member of GT-Offroad. Not rally but still fun and full of design and fabrication. If you ever need another hand, let me know and i will be more than happy to help. Anything for a little experience.

And to all those for MTU... GT is the number three engineering school in the nation behind MIT and Stanford... Thanks but no thanks. For educational purposes... GT is better. For Rally i am sure MTU is much better.

Thank you All for giving me a little more insight to the Rally World!

Hello fellow Georgians I am currently building a rally truck and would be interested in some help and we can all learn together. I am just about done with the cage in the truck and I am shooting for Sandblast as a first event. The more local the better.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by angryiron View Post
    Hello fellow Georgians I am currently building a rally truck and would be interested in some help and we can all learn together. I am just about done with the cage in the truck and I am shooting for Sandblast as a first event. The more local the better.

Shawn
    What part of Ga?