Special Stage Forums banner

Rally Colorado Visual Package Clarification

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  KevinG5Hahn 
#1 ·
Since Rally Colorado is a part of the Rally America National Championship teams will be required to comply with the RA visual package.

The CRC has an alternate package to comply with this requirement. All CRC teams will be supplied with the alternate stickers by Parc Expose with the expectation of all cars being stickered by the end of Parc Expose on Friday. In short, you will be required to comply with the RA package and the alternate CRC package (this will be checked at scrutineering in all likelihood).

#2 ·
Any chance of letting us know sizing and location of stickers for the CRC package so that all we'll have to do in Parc Expose is apply decals? Just thinking some of us may have logos in areas that need to be reserved for the CRC/RA package, and if we can pull those off ahead of time, it'll make things much easier up in Steamboat.

Thanks,

Dave

#3 ·
Dave.
You could probably look at the RA rules for decals.
Basically the center of the hood, the door panel, and about the first 10-12" in front of the number backer are reserved for event/series. Oh, and the front windshield.
The CRC likely won't be the same as Subaru's decal requirement for contingency money.
My guess is that it will probably be the same requirement as last year's decal package.
You can order the Rally America decal package for something like $40. Includes the number backer, an event sticker (the one that goes above the number backer), and a windshield banner.
CRC folk, next year you should just do a event sticker instead of a complete number backer so people aren't constantly changing out decals and Erika doesn't have to make so many stickers.

#6 ·
The CRC sticker will be entirely separate, approximately 14" x 8".

All teams will be required to comply with the RA package as outlined by the RA rules.

The CRC sticker will be a front fender sticker, with an optional location for the rear door/upper rear quarter panel on two door entries.

There will be some color options but no color requests please (slows the process down for an already over worked Erika....).

As for the door backer. I think it worked well for the first half of the year for most teams. It certainly had a very good visual impact, whether that impact was worth the time and effort to maintain the backer is something we will consider in the off season.

#7 ·
Just make an upper part of backer like events currently do. Then competitors can keep their number backer and just swap out the event portion. Run the CRC ones for all the hill climbs and such, but be able to remove when they go to other events.
Idaho had new numbers and number backers for every competitor. It wasn't the best idea in my opinion.

#9 ·
This was how we wanted it to work....

However, the proper 2009 CRC logo was too tall....

If you notice the CRC backer was 50cmx50cm which is identical to the RA backer in basic dimension....

Currently I have last years CRC stickers, rear window, and rear quarters. I presume these should be removed for the new replacements. Thanks Larry
The rear quarters will be replaced with the new stickers. The rear window is not required this year, however, I see no reason to remove it other than your personal preference (which is 100% up to you)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.