Co-drivers one and all,
Please join us for our seventh FREE co-driver conference call.
Date: Tuesday July 28th
Time: 6 p.m. Pacific / 7 p.m. Mountain / 8 p.m. Central / 9 p.m. Eastern
Dial in: (218) 339-4600
Please bring up topics specific to the co-driver (e.g. rules, differences in procedure, challenges, driver feedback, event feedback, general thoughts).
1. Past events debrief:
- Idaho Rally (Jul 9-11)
- NEFR (Jul 17-18)
- Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (Jul 19)
- Nemadji Trails III (Jul 25)
2. Upcoming events:
- X Games 15 (Aug 2)
- Galway-Cavendish Forest Rally (Aug 8)
- Rallye Lac-aux-Sables (Aug 15)
- Ojibwe Forests Rally [Paul Bunyan's Ride / 10,000 Lakes] (Aug 28-29)
- Gorman Ridge Rally (Aug 29)
- Rally West Virginia (Aug 7-8) [lack of entries]
- North Nevada Rally (Aug 8) [date change forced, road restrictions, ultimately lack of entries]
- Bighorn Rally (Aug 16) [roads denied, no other road options available at short notice]
3. Novice co-driver Q&A session. Passive listeners welcome, however novice co-drivers are actively encouraged to participate and ask questions. Please feel free to ask any questions you want, even if they seem basic
4. MaxAttack feedback
5. Co-driver tips / techniques to help the driver keep the car on the road
e.g. from Kim: "personally I'd like to chat with any co-drivers who might have gotten wide at 1.72 miles into Stage 11 at NEFR...note read L5+ Stay Out (Rox) >4+/Cr. There were two HUGE boulders in that underbrush! This little gotcha caught a half dozen cars out including Block. We suffered terminal rear suspension damage and Shindle went over with Matt Bushore. I just want to chat about the note and discuss with others so similar miscalls don't happen in MY future! Yeah, pretty detail-y, but my interpretation is that it was a co-driver issue (we recce'd didn't we?)".
6. Clarification on when you are, and more importantly when you are NOT, allowed to work on or service your car (please see reply #6 below: https://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...12&postcount=6)
7. Any other topics
8. Date for next conference call (4th Tues = Aug 24th)
Additional co-driver related agenda items welcome. PM me or post in this thread and I'll update the proposed agenda.
Request: Please be considerate i.e. NO calls from noisy places e.g. bars, sports venues etc. as it ruins the call quality for everyone else.
If you can't make it, you can always read the meeting minutes when posted after the call. And if you have questions, feel free to submit them ahead of time, and you can read the responses in the meeting minutes too. Also, please switch fax machines on shared / party lines off.
Please help spread the word. You may learn something here. You may be able to help others learn something here. Whether you already are, or plan to be a co-driver, there's a good chance a great deal of collective wisdom (well, at least, of the rally co-driver variety) can be found here.