Co-driver Conference Call VII, Tues 7/28, 8 p.m. CENTRAL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co-driver Conference Call VII, Tues 7/28, 8 p.m. CENTRAL

I am not here anymore AlanPerry's Avatar

My apologies for not being in on the call. I intended to be, but a very last minute obligation meant that I could not.

alan

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

It's time for a sexy party! Joe Average's Avatar

No Soup For You!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim 100AW View Post
    And personally I'd like to chat with any co-drivers who might have gotten wide at 1.72 miles into Stage 11 at NEFR...note read L5+ Stay Out (Rox) >4+/Cr. There were two HUGE boulders in that underbrush! This little gotcha caught a half dozen cars out including Block. We suffered terminal rear suspension damage and Shindle went over with Matt Bushore. I just want to chat about the note and discuss with others so similar miscalls don't happen in MY future! Yeah, pretty detail-y, but my interpretation is that it was a co-driver issue (we recce'd didn't we?).
    Kim,

Matt and I didn't recce. We made it thru unscathed the first run of the stage but wacked a rock on the inside line the second pass while going faster than the first pass. Our notes were pure Jemba except I was adding 'flat' to crests and left and right 6's that had substantial straights following them.

Hope the in-car video works for you. Doesn't seem to play on all PCs. Turn down the volume after we roll if at work or kids are awake due to profanity.

http://www.bentmettle.com/videos/NEFR%202009.mov

Seems we didn't stay out long enough and the rock we hit which send rear of car airborne and flattened driver's rear tire. Here is another video of the corner but the rock we hit doesn't really show. It is not the rockpile pointed to in the video as that is what Block hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH5PwVNBnCU

In these pics, we've already wacked the rock and are headed off just before the first pic so you've got to watch the incar for the whole story. Just trying to hang on here but pics do show more of the very long corner.

And Block who instead stayed too far out too fast. You can see the rock that probably flattened us on the inside, the rockpile on the outside and narrow sweet spot between.

but got away with just a spin.

Corner was off camber which was not noted, as was neither the water.

If we'd have done the recce, would have added a '!' and a 'neat' meaning keep center, no sliding, don't jump and no room for error, the 'off camber' and 'water'.
    Last edited by Lancia037Rally; 07-29-2009 at 06:29 AM.
    Dave Shindle/Navitron 2000

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Left seat and not British! Kim 100AW's Avatar

Default MySubie.com photographer?

Who is the MySubie Photog? I went to the site, but can't find him/her. I suspect they've got a sequence of our little adventure as well?

Anybody got some contact info?
    Kim DeMotte
    Official Very Experienced Fart

Quote Originally Posted by Kim 100AW View Post
    Who is the MySubie Photog? I went to the site, but can't find him/her. I suspect they've got a sequence of our little adventure as well?

Anybody got some contact info?
    Robert Champion, robert at mysubie dot com.
    Dave Shindle/Navitron 2000

codriveur

Missed the call also 9p kids, county fair, summer... sorry.

Next call suggestions:

To item #6 in the minutes, on chicane placement I would love to see this on the next agenda just for discussion. My personal peeve is when they are placed on the back of a crest so they are blind, the rare look up does shite in my heart and nothing to lessen my pucker ... I can become so profane on this that my eye twitches .

If those that have seen the smaller Route Books used @ RNY could give their opinions on them, ...I usually work the rally but think they might be a nice evolution for the tulip book due to the size.

Could the page started on FB become a group purely because redundancy prevents duncery.

Respectfully submitted to whomever does the agenda.
    Last edited by ihbobry; 07-29-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Bernie

In case anyone else from the call wanted my email address: prdonlin at mtu dot edu

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihbobry View Post
    If those that have seen the smaller Route Books used @ RNY could give their opinions on them, ...I usually work the rally but think they might be a nice evolution for the tulip book due to the size.
    I don't know what size RNY uses, but Sandblast, RTN, and Black River Stages have all been using "half-size" route books for a couple years now. They are 5.5"x8" (a normal "letter" sheet cut in half).

Here's an example:
    http://linaracing.com/LinaRoute/Exam...ar-5.5x8.5.pdf

Cheers,
    Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.