Special Stage Forums banner

CRC Season Points Are Now Available

11K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  kevinT 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Still looking for full results from Temple. I've only been able to find best qualifying and two race day runs. I like have all the times from Saturday up. If anyone has them, please pass them along.

#11 · (Edited)
I know it's all I 'need' , but I think it's a good idea to have them archived somewhere so people can see how they progress and improve (or not) over the years.

Also, CHCA only uses seconds, not tenths. I don't know many racing organizations that only use whole seconds for scoring, but I prefer to go to at least tenths, if not hundredths.

#21 ·
So I need to put some serious pressure on John and hope he breaks something or else he's got the cup it appears.
If the series adds more rallies and removes some or all hill climbs, going to 2WD, AWD, and Open Light might be a good consideration.

#24 ·
Just wanted to post up about the 10 points we received for Land's End. I doubt anyone really noticed, except for Ryan since it allowed us to take back 3rd place from him :p If you didn't see my other post, circumstances conspired against us and we got stuck in Glenwood Springs on the way out to the event on Friday night. I thought us getting those points was a typo at first but I checked the rules and they say "Points for top 10 as well as an entry bonus for all entries..." Since we were entered in the event I guess it stands that we should get the entry bonus. It's just that the use of "Start Bonus" on the scoring sheet makes it confusing since we weren't able to take a green flag.

I'm obviously glad to have gotten the points (sorry Ryan, I'll take any help I can get against you and that ITR :)). We made the effort to enter, prep, and try to make the event, so it's nice to get a little reward for that. Maybe you guys have already discussed entry bonus vs start bonus and purposefully specified the entry bonus. Either way, this situation begs the question about unscrupulous competitors entering an event to get the entry bonus but never intending to actually go to the event. Definitely not what we did, and I don't think anybody in the CRC would do it, but maybe that possibility needs to be addressed.

#26 ·
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about people sending in entries to events they plan on skipping. As the rules are written it sounds like we should get the points, but if that wasn't the intent then I'm fine with not getting them. I don't want to get points I shouldn't have.

Either way maybe there needs to be some clarification/rewording of the rules.

#30 · (Edited)
Deal! I think it's going to come down to Rally Colorado regardless.

Did you get your entry fee refunded? You should have.
I'm a steward listed on the rules, but in reality I don't have a say in anything so I'll leave it up to Brian, Kevin, and Steve to decide how to treat it.
In my opinion, had you made it all the way, pulled it off the trailer, then couldn't ever get it to start, much less do an actual run you'd still get scored. It is an entry bonus, not a start bonus so if you paid the entry you get the points. Maybe when the $5000 per class purse becomes a reality that might change though.
I did get it refunded. CHCA rules say if you don't take a green flag you're eligible for a refund. And yeah, I was thinking about that too - what if you were waiting in the start line and your car died and wouldn't start up again. Points? Entry bonus yes, start bonus probably not (depends on what's considered starting).

my interpretation is similar, entry fee paid and not refunded is the bonus.
It was paid, but then it got refunded per event rules. That's where some abuse could come in, even if you don't get the entry fee refunded as that's essentially buying points.

#28 ·
Did you get your entry fee refunded? You should have.
I'm a steward listed on the rules, but in reality I don't have a say in anything so I'll leave it up to Brian, Kevin, and Steve to decide how to treat it.
In my opinion, had you made it all the way, pulled it off the trailer, then couldn't ever get it to start, much less do an actual run you'd still get scored. It is an entry bonus, not a start bonus so if you paid the entry you get the points. Maybe when the $5000 per class purse becomes a reality that might change though.

#37 ·
Yeah, I just noticed that too. That 10 points was supposed to be removed but it must have slipped through the cracks. Don't worry, I've been taking good care of your 2nd place trophy mug. Is there a 3rd place mug? If so we can swap them sometime, or I can drop this one off at Checkpoint/Salta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.