North Nevada Rally being re-scheduled
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: North Nevada Rally being re-scheduled

  1. #1
    100 K right 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, CA, USA.
    Posts
    297

    Default North Nevada Rally being re-scheduled

    In response to a request from the BLM, we have had to make the difficult decision to re-schedule the North Nevada Rally, so it will not be taking place on June 20 as had been scheduled.

    While a final decision has not yet been reached, we are working with the BLM to re-schedule it for the soonest date we can, and we hope to have the official date available for publication on or before June 3.

    We hope that this change in schedule does not dissuade anyone from supporting this event, either as competitors or as volunteers, and we ask that you bear with us these next few days until we arrive at a new date before deciding to withdraw.

    We are sorry to have to go through this, but we do thank everyone for their support as we sort through these challenges.

    Pete Soper
    Michel Hoche-Mong
    Seth Dowling

    Great Basin Rally Group LLC.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2

    Unhappy Oh man...

    Tough break guys. Good luck getting it sorted out. I'm really looking forward to this event!

    -Erik

  4. #3
    The Scorpion King John Sundelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ, USA.
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I know this is very disappointing for you guys, but it means I might be able to make it!

    --
    John

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    50 caution yump
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    Posts
    571

    Default

    I will keep my entry in for now. I just hope my boss will let me switch vacation days.
    Dan Norkus
    shotgun

  7. #5
    pressing on tirelessly
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA.
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    To the competitors who have entered and already submitted entry fees: we will naturally be offering full refunds (including PayPal fees) should you choose to withdraw. I will be contacting each of you within the next week to discuss options.

    -michel

  8. #6
    R6 into L6 Into R6 jonrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calimesa, CA
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Hope it all works out. Maybe my car will be fixed in time for the re-scheduled event!
    Jon Rea

  9. #7
    150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust BajaBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Not being in front of a Max Attack event will help my effort to be there.

    Hammer Down!....make that a big hammer!!!!!!!!!

    Max Attack!!!!!!

    Bill Holmes
    Truck #44

  10. #8
    200 square left subyspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Winchester, CA
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Good luck guys! Hope it works out.
    Keith Jackson
    Rally It!

  11. #9

    Default

    Curious as to the reason the BLM asked that the event not occur as scheduled. Care to share?

  12. #10
    100 K right 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, CA, USA.
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I'm not entirely sure of all the sordid details, suffice it to say that what the BLM office manager told me was "the rules are changing" and in our case this specific field office had other things take priority over dealing with crossing the t's and dotting the i's and collecting all the requisite signatures needed in approving our permit application.

    We did all the basics of what we were supposed to do, but we neglected to call up and remind them of our existence every week or two during the 6 month permitting process, which- if done the right way, might have at least helped prevent this.

    Anyway- three weeks before the event we got a call out of the blue saying- "um... you are going to need to push it out at least 30 days" along with "no, there is nothing you can do to expedite things and nobody you can talk to directly, this is a bureaucratic thing that needs to be handled at the top level".

    So rather than going bootleg and running without a permit, we are abiding with their request and eagerly awaiting word on a new date.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •