Rally Minis - any still being run?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rally Minis - any still being run?

Default Rally Minis - any still being run?

There was a rally mini at Tall Pines a few years back, but I haven't seen any others around in North America ("old" mini, not BMW MINI). Does anyone know of any active mini rally cars - or perhaps know of one sitting in a garage somewhere?

I'm looking into getting a second mini to prep for vintage racing and rally. Would prefer to buy a car that has already been prepped, but I'm also looking for photos/prep details/contact info in case I have to build!

Cheers,
    Warwick
    www.classiccaradventures.com
    Warwick
    www.formulaphoto.com
    Launch Control http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdK9...3StytlAFShrF2M
    #cdnrally #usrally #wrctv #subarurally

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Pritchard & DeMotte were in the Mini at TP. I think Justin still has it in his garage.
    # www.100AW.org (Press & PR) # Hübbe RallyBug - www.HuebbeRally.com/

into right 2 tightens

Bob Pierce built a pretty nice Mini about 10 years ago. Ran it in a couple of PORs (the tour rally). I haven't seen it (or Bob) in quite a while, so I don't know if he still has it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

into right 2 tightens

Quote Originally Posted by markhuebbe View Post
    Pritchard & DeMotte were in the Mini at TP. I think Justin still has it in his garage.
    I believe I heard just last weekend that Justin still has the car and wishes he could rally it.

Bruce

MaxAttack, Justin!
    Things could be worse. You could be a crackhead.

Default Mini

I have a 1964 rally prepared (to 1990 FAI Historic Rally regs) 1071S in the garage. Expensive though.

Pix are on the logo for Motorsport Memories
    www.motorsportmemories.com

Bill

Itinerant Co-Driver

There were at least three at Targa Newfoundland last year. Here's the web site for the team that ran two of them: http://www.classicmotorworks.citymax...ge/4279568.htm

Bob DeShane, the owner of Little Britain Motor Company has a Mini that sometimes competes in vintage road racing. Between him and the folks at Mr. Mini, they probably know about just about all the competition Minis that either used to run or are being prepped in Ontario.

Also, I've seen race cars sometimes show up in the classifieds on the Vancouver Mini Club web site. And very "period correct" (read: expensive) Mini racers sometimes find their way to the VARAC classifieds. There are usually a few Minis at VARAC's Vintage Racing Festival at Mosport every June.

Itinerant Co-Driver

Also, there's the Mini I plan to build, but since it only exists in my head so far, it's not exactly in saleable condition at the moment.

Thanks Jeff,

Yeah, I've been in touch with Dyrk and Co. at Targa. That will probably be my first point of call. His little green one was for sale last winter but I couldn't afford it at the time. Then it got balled up at Targa!

W
    Warwick
    www.formulaphoto.com
    Launch Control http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdK9...3StytlAFShrF2M
    #cdnrally #usrally #wrctv #subarurally

Itinerant Co-Driver

Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    Thanks Jeff,

Yeah, I've been in touch with Dyrk and Co. at Targa. That will probably be my first point of call. His little green one was for sale last winter but I couldn't afford it at the time. Then it got balled up at Targa!
    We were at H & H Auto when it came in on a wrecker. It looked like they did more damage getting into it with the Jaws of Life than it took in the crash. Cut right through the cage. Ah, well.

Oh - another possibility: Nuno Pereira ran a Mini in the Ontario series up until around 2000 or 2001, when he switched to a 1973 Corolla (IIRC). I don't recall his Mini ever being wrecked, and if he sold it I never heard about it. If you ask around on the MLRC forum, you might be able to find someone who has current contact info for him.