Special Stage Forums banner

Terraphone intercom --> Peltor headset adapter I can borrow?

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  typerr 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Anyone local to San Diego have (or willing to snail mail me) a Terraphone intercom --> Peltor headset adaptor I can borrow next weekend for the Ensenada Rally?

I left my adaptor in a car I co-drove in, and the adaptor seems to have gone AWOL.

Thanks.

#5 ·
I'm not sure if Jeff Secor is still making them.... but Frank Sprongl (Four Star Motorsports) also stocks them. I have both but to be honest neither is a perfect solution. Piers, if you happen to be in the OC this week you can borrow one of mine.

#7 ·
Thanks to all those that have offered ... I'll probably take Jonathan up on his offer, if he can find his adapter, since he is the closest and therefore most convenient for me.

The adapter is also available at Susquehanna Motorsports (though I am currently holding off on buying another one at the moment since there is a possibility that my old one may turn up):
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=660

P.S. Tom, when I used the adapter that I got from Susquehanna at a rally, it seemed to work fine. What makes the versions available from Secor and Four Star less than perfect?

#12 ·
P.S. Tom, when I used the adapter that I got from Susquehanna at a rally, it seemed to work fine. What makes the versions available from Secor and Four Star less than perfect?
I think we had a problem getting the volume to where George wanted it. When I read notes I put extra emphasis on certain words or phrases and I think some of that was lost with the adaptor. Probably not a problem for most people.

#8 ·
Sorry, everyone - I said the wrong thing actually - i've got one of jeffys cables; meant to get a peltor helmet to stilo intercom converter...

anyone got one of those?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.