The Team O'Neil Rally School Experience
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team O'Neil Rally School Experience

Thumbs up The Team O'Neil Rally School Experience

The Team O'Neil Rally School Experience......

So Rally Fans..... As some of you may know, last year at the New England Forest Rally, John and Dave from Last Ditch Racing won a drawing for rally school at the Team O'Neil Rally School in Dalton, NH.... They turned around and gave that award to me.

Well, almost a year later.... I am headed up for my "Rally School"....

I am going to try and "blog" my experience for you. So you can also "experience" what it is like to take a 4 day rally training class at the premiere rally school in North America....

Read along if you so desire.....

Let's start the week with.... none other than .... Monday!! It's now 4:13am... I've had about 3 hours sleep after being up too late with packing and getting ready to go. It's a 12.5 hour drive to Littleton, NH (near Dalton), where we will be staying for the duration of the week.

It feels like RALLY..... no sleep, up to early, going to drive a very long time.... and I even have a co-driver with me.... Yes, Darlene will be taking classes and leanrning the co-driving duties as well... she's excited, I'm excited.... wow, can't wait to wake up enough to get on the road "where's my coffee"?

We are supposed to hit the road at 5:00a... I think that is still very do-able.... So I need to get off the computer, pack it in the truck and get my ass moving.... I'm hoping to make Littleton in under 12 hours...

More to come..... stay tuned rally (and WASHPA Racing) fans....

You can also follw this "blog" on my Facebook Profile: Jim McClelland
    WASHPA Racing - #724
    Living The Dream, One Race At A Time
    www.WASHPA-Racing.com

2008 Rally America Eastern Regional
    Rookie of the Year
    2WD Champion
    G2 Champion

Sponsored by:
    Hitchcock Insurance Agency
    visit their website

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Good Luck and have fun!

My gf just got back from last weeks 4day course and she had an absolute blast. Made her want to build one of the FWD Impreza's i have in the shop!!!

_billy
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."
    www.brokenmotorsports.com

Default 10:30a post

Well - it's 10:30a amd we're in Jersey.... Scared but apparently safe..... for now....

My co-driver slept at least one of our transit hours away but she woke up in time to wave at Scott and Carrie Wilburn as we blew buy the York, PA Exit.....

Stopped for fuel... $1.87 here on this side of the state line..

OK, back on the road.... we're going to be late to our MTC in Littleton.....
    Last edited by Cutter #724; 04-27-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: poor typing skills
    WASHPA Racing - #724
    www.WASHPA-Racing.com

Rookie of the Year
    2WD Champion
    G2 Champion

Sponsored by:
    visit their website

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default New Hampshire - New Hampshire.....

Well we made it to Littleton, NH... Got in about 5:30p. That's just over 12 hours with stops, and NYC bullsh!t traffic.....

We came into town, checked in, unpacked, went to Wally-world for a shopping spree and then into town for dinner at the Littleton diner !!!! Good food - great value....

So I've got to get some sleep... To be able to bring the "A" game for our first day of training tomorrow. We are meeting in the parking lot here at the Hampton at 8:30a. I'm currently running on 2.5 hours of sleep... So it's off for a quick shower and then bed... I need to get a good 8-10 hours tonight...

Then it's off to DAY 1 -

Let's see what happens..........
    WASHPA Racing - #724
    www.WASHPA-Racing.com

Rookie of the Year
    2WD Champion
    G2 Champion

Sponsored by:
    visit their website

This is great, I love enthusiasm in your writing. (i'm sure it's not hard to be enthusiastic). Keep the posts coming.

it will be neat to read what cars the instructor puts you in. and to hear your review of the individual cars. you rally a RWD MR2 so it'll be neat to see your perspective on a FWD Golf or AWD Audi. quick steering vs slow, heavy car vs light, ect ect...

and if ya like the roads hopefully you can make it back up there for the winter rally!!!

Good luck and thanks for sharing the experience with us. I grew up in Whitefield (next town over to the east from Dalton). Watch out for moose, they get fiesty this time of year. If you've never seen one, yes, they are that big. Think Clydesdale with antlers.

A couple of years ago, we spent our 20th anniversary at Team O'Neil. Since we first met at a rally, this seemed appropriate.

As to moose, we searched all over and never saw a one.

Thumbs up DAY 1 - morning

It's 7:45a - up at 6:00a - the beds at the Hampton Inn are unbelievably comfortable !! This morning we were laughing about many of the "rally motels" that we have stayed at and how nice it is to have a shower that isn't scary and faucets that work.....

Now it's down for breakfast and then we meet Wyatt from Team-O's... We'll follow him up the hill to Dalton and through the massive barbed wire fences and steel gates to the secretive O'Neil compound - where we are hoping to learn all of the secrets of the Zen driving master himself...... I feel like David Carridine when he entered the big wooden doors of the Shaolin Temple..... (ok, there aren't any steel gates and barbed wire.... that I remember).

I'll be reporting back tonight with Day 1 news and information...
    WASHPA Racing - #724
    www.WASHPA-Racing.com

Rookie of the Year
    2WD Champion
    G2 Champion

Sponsored by:
    visit their website

straight at T

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    As to moose, we searched all over and never saw a one.
    You have to drive over Gorham Notch at night... I think our count was 14, incuding one in the road.

Adrian