Special Stage Forums banner

Tumbleweed Express **POSTPONED**

10K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  granthughes 
#1 ·
Most of you have already heard the bad news...

Our efforts of putting in place a triple redundant medical staff were completely negated by the possibility of a blizzard. No fault of anyone's, just the nature of things in Colorado.

We were out at the course all day, and the track was actually quite amazing today, and we will work out another day in the near future to run the "best rally that never happened."

I'm sure the extra time will be helpful to those teams who were struggling to make the event, and I think it will be to our benefit to be able to provide all entrants with a more sorted and seamless rally experience.

We would like to thank everyone who has put so much time and effort all the way to the last minute to get us to this point, your efforts will not be wasted.

Additionally, we would like to thank all the competitors who entered. You have all been overly supportive, even in being given this disappointing news. We'll keep working on getting you an awesome event.

Last, but not least, a big thank you to all the people who volunteered to work the rally, and who have agreed to work it on it's new tentative date. It means a lot to this community.

Didn't mean to make this an awards ceremony speech, just a lot of thank you's to everyone.

We'll keep you all informed of the new rally dates, and should you have any input or suggestions, we welcome them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice ****ing blizzard we're having! God Damn media. It could of totally happened. Oh well. Next time I guess.

I would also like to thank all the competitors, volunteers and organizers. When Erika and I had to call everyone yesterday; it really put the whole event to scale. There was a shit ton of people involved and I'm really thankful that everyone was willing to participate in some form. Honestly, that means a lot to me and thank you. I think we have the potential for another really good event here in Colorado. I see no reason why it shouldn't happen. We have the interest, the cars and the manpower to do so. I think it may be time soon.

#3 ·
exceptional stage

I ran the stage the 1, 2 direction several times and rode in Steve's car with Brian once.

if it was a stage at COG it would be the marquee stage of the rally; it has a bit of everything but has a nice flow to it. good notes are going to be decisive as there are few terrain features and lots of junctions.

Bis and I think we need to make the "Finland Drop" bigger. it is the perfect nordic jump - blind landing, but steep and good run out...

#5 ·
i was just about to say, its a shame we had to cancel, but I-70 did wind up getting closed from aurora, so it must have been worse out east. looking forward to whenever the reschedule is, can't wait to run the new course, sounds like an awesome time. thanks to all the organizers, brian, steve, erika, kevin and everyone else. sometimes there's just circumstances you can't predict or avoid. rally on! see everyone at temple

#7 ·
I know one of the dates I heard was being considered was May 24th. This would be cool because it's a holiday weekend so nice easy day and get out there on Friday. Have some fun driving at night and hang out with friends. Race on Sunday and after party awards at CORE. Camp again and head home on Monday. Plus might be able to get some out of staters here since they could do this event with no time needed off work special since Monday is a holiday.

#17 ·
This is for Victor I. From what I gather, this race will start out somewhere up the road you'd take to get back towards Woodland Park (if you're not going thru cripple creek).

The road for Victor II is the one that sounds interesting to me from the rally perspective. This road is the one that's been described as really narrow with lots of tight turns, sounds like a european cart-path type rally stage. :)

Dave

#20 ·
I heard from somewhere that it was going to be the Cripple Creek side of Gold Camp Road. Not sure where it's closed off due to the tunnel collapse, but the road looks sweet on Google Maps. Of course, part of it is in Pike National Forest though...
Though I also heard it was through some area that the Conley's own and that the pit area would be on Conley's land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.