Special Stage Forums banner

Tumbleweed Express

30K views 159 replies 30 participants last post by  bmxpunk 
#1 · (Edited)
#37 ·
At last check the only paid entry was Kevin Turner, how is that for ironic?

I will be getting the entry list on Thursday and publishing it on the CRC site for all to look at sheepishly.

Although based on the thread and some other conversations it looks like we mis-budgeted the race. Who would have thought it would be hard to get 15 out of 20+ in state teams to a $140.00 32 mile rally, I guess we should have charged a little more to have some breathing room....

#40 ·
THE TRACK IS FINISHED!!!!

It has been designed by rallyists for our good friends.
just a small list of features-

A cermonial start ramp, more of a mound
Finland drop
off camber sweepers
tightening radii
ditch hooks
long straights with 90* blind intersections
blind over crest to jct.
illusion of exposure
smooth
no rocks
a co driver challenge to keep you on course
good spectator safe spot for you fans

we just needed some rain to pack down the surface, and its been raining.

We have proper Rally America sanctioning for south west and central points.
It is the first round of the Colorado Rally Cup.
One day event

JUST $140
http://www.coloradorallycup.org/documents/entry-forms.html

#41 ·
If it comes down to it Kevin, I can make it work, even if it means I have to start baking my own bread to save money buying bread. Oh wait, I've already started doing that. :)
I'm trying to do Max Attack this year and two rallies in the summer will stretch the budget thin so I wasn't going to be doing any events, just being support. Working TE and filming for the rest was my tentative Colorado plan. But like I said, if it comes down to make or break let me know and I'll be there.

#48 ·
We are in the same boat as you. My self and my Co-driver have never written notes for and event, neither have we done an event with notes. But after driveling the course I think notes are a must. I will try and find some time this week to get out there and try writing some.

#56 ·
notes

recce for tumbleweed will be a two pass, one called recce and the other is called a transit.
Two pass recce is all you need to write notes.

Steve and i are very formal about it.
No conversation, about the road or anything els.

We use the Jemba Language to keep a constant lingo for the year.
not a compleate list but a place to start
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemba_Inertia_Notes_System
http://www.jemba.se/GradeUSA.jpg

First pass Steve reads the road as I write it down. I do not add anything to the conversation.

Second pass i read the notes back without note stacking. (call the corner just before the car would turn) Steve will add cuts and corrections only, no other talking.

The notes we write in this manner are near perfect.

We do not carry any passengers, last thing i need is a debate about a corner that happened 3 back as the car is moving. i have missed several notes with passengers and its hard to find ware you are in notes once you lost in them.

Scott or Mitch are the worst for passengers. f--n jabber mouths.

#58 ·
recce for tumbleweed will be a two pass, one called recce and the other is called a transit.
Two pass recce is all you need to write notes.

Steve and i are very formal about it.
No conversation, about the road or anything els.

We use the Jemba Language to keep a constant lingo for the year.
not a compleate list but a place to start
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemba_Inertia_Notes_System
http://www.jemba.se/GradeUSA.jpg

First pass Steve reads the road as I write it down. I do not add anything to the conversation.

Second pass i read the notes back without note stacking. (call the corner just before the car would turn) Steve will add cuts and corrections only, no other talking.

The notes we write in this manner are near perfect.

We do not carry any passengers, last thing i need is a debate about a corner that happened 3 back as the car is moving. i have missed several notes with passengers and its hard to find ware you are in notes once you lost in them.

Scott or Mitch are the worst for passengers. f--n jabber mouths.

Great advice right there. I remember writing notes for Brian and I without Brian at Gold Camp. I sat in the back seat of a car and wrote down the corners and tried to drown out the arguing of Steve, Mark, and Gina. :)
One thing to always remember is that when writing your own notes, the degree of the corner is what the driver believes it to be at this point. It needs to be close to Jemba as you don't want to be using your own system then have to learn something new at your first stage rally.
Colin McRae rally games (all but DIRT), Richard Burns Rally with the numeric note mod are both good games for practicing notes and getting an idea for the system.

#71 ·
Sorry to hear about your car Kevin. Guess that solves the tire mounting issue. PICTURES.

Back on Topic. How come most of you nut-jobs haven't signed up for Tumbleweed?

A. I wasted all my money on ____________.
B. I'm ____________ and shy.
C. I go laid off by____________ on _________ and haven't had a job since __________.
D. I'm a complete ______________ and I don't belive in ____________.
E. My Husband/Wife _______________ said we need to spend money on______________.

#72 ·
Back on Topic. How come most of you nut-jobs haven't signed up for Tumbleweed?

A. I wasted all my money on guns, tobacco, and liquor.
B. I'm a ******* and shy.
C. I go laid off by Mitch's mom on Wednesday and haven't had a job since then.
D. I'm a complete knucklehead and I don't believe in beachballing my precious rally car.
E. My Wife said we need to spend money on awaiting a civil war.
That was fun...
Ill see all of you knuckleheads for a reunion next week!

#75 ·
Brian - if you happen to read this, I'm need to get numbers (# 156) and a backer from you guys before the event, and I also need names & US flags for the windows if you can get those. I'm still in Chicago getting the car fixed up, so just in case I forget to call you guys to order early next week please give me a shout.

Thanks,

Dave

#78 · (Edited)
sorry about the new lyrics, spellingign no fot0go goood either
yes, blue lageon
strings
percussions
words
winds
brass ball
fountains
frogs
turtle
crab boat
eel
windows menu
ha ha ha ha ha aha h
moon
bed
smoke
you want
?
yes
no
euys
shut uip
\yes i ment that punctuation
you must be upset at my englishs
paoer
it's ENGLILISH.
****ing moron.
<3

mentalally drained,,, boooooooooooooop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.