Tumbleweed Express - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Tumbleweed Express

I was packed up and leaving when I heard from Mark. Just unpacked the car and was like, oh shit, I better get on and let people know. But ya'll way ahead of me.
    There is talk of going out there for fun tomorrow. My car's home for the count. I don't think I have an open weekend between now and Temple so hopefully it's not rescheduled for too soon. Car felt good on 13th driving back from the gas station though. Pulled over and cranked up the boost. My neighborhood loves us.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K right 4

Well I am kinda glad because now we will have time to finish the car so we can make it.

i am slow
    Last edited by CJC; 04-03-2009 at 05:24 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K right 4

Nevermind

Does anyone know if CheckPoint will be open for business tomorrow since the T Ex is canceled?

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Just to further this.

We still have all of the event details in place.

We will work out a new race date and make an announcement soon.

The course was/is in fantastic shape as of 1 hour ago but without proper medical (and we had in place the minimum we felt comfortable with) there is no way to have a rally in good faith.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

Sweat and anger and shame. MarkMalsom's Avatar

mitch and i were out there allllllllllllllllllll day.

we spent the day digging holes for the arrow markers and putting those up and digging drainage for as many of the big puddles as possible. we had just set up the big tent and steve and erika were out putting up banner tape when we got the news we had no medical.

without medical, no rally.

big bummer.

steve and scott went out for hot laps since we were the only ones there. scott got lost once or twice since he didn't have a co-driver and steve did around a 12 minute flat with me running at nearly full speed. course conditions were awesome. a few really muddy spots and a few big water spots but it was awesome.

it's a shame, it was soooo close to happening. when it's held later hopefully it will be even better than what it looked like today.

thanks for all the help from everyone!
    -Mark Malsom

I asked Mitch and he said probably not since it would be slow because of the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Does anyone know if CheckPoint will be open for business tomorrow since the T Ex is canceled?
    #419 1990 BMW 325i
    "get me the pushbroom!"

StageTrack (www.stagetrack.net)
    Big Red Racing (www.bigredracing.net)

Quote Originally Posted by bmxpunk View Post
    The rallycross guys have a race scheduled there next saturday
    That's in Fountain. You know, you guys move on to bigger and better things and just push us off like leftovers.

100 K right 4

Quote Originally Posted by ryolse View Post
    That's in Fountain. You know, you guys move on to bigger and better things and just push us off like leftovers.
    Sorry... long day at work. We hope to shake down both of our cars at the next rx. and lets just start with way more expensive... atleast until we complete a stage...