Special Stage Forums banner

Official: 2009 Colorado Rally Cup Announcements

11K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  JC_595 
#1 · (Edited)
2009 Colorado Rally Cup official announcements.

We had been waiting for things to be more firm and final. After some discussion today we decided that we need to make public as many things as we can to help teams be able to plan even if things aren't entirely finalized at this point.

Here is the tentative schedule, many dates need to be confirmed and there are still some details being worked out but we are getting close. If some event changes happen, then the schedule will be adjusted, these are our best guess dates as it stands:
~March 7 – Season launch and full season technical inspections
Flatirons Tuning Boulder, CO CONFIRMED
~April 4 – CORE Rally (Co 1) (Rally America)
Colorado Off Road Extreme – Date to be confirmed, details and schedule to be announced once date is confirmed CONFIRMED
~ May 9-10 – Temple Canyon Hill Climb (CHCA)
Cañon City
~June 7 – SCCA RallyCross
C.O.R.E CONFIRMED
June 27-28 - Buffalo Peaks Hill Climb*
Buena Vista CONFIRMED
July – No CRC events

~August 8-9 – Lands End Hill Climb (CHCA)
Grand Junction CONFIRMED
August TBD - New co1 or co2 rally (Rally America likely)
Waiting on snow to melt so we can survey the site and talk with the land owner.
~September 19-20 – Rally Colorado SEASON FINALE
Steamboat Springs CONFIRMED

* = events full status inclusion into the CRC schedule is pending.

For 2009 there will be a $50.00 championship registration fee required for entry into the Colorado Rally Cup. Registered competitors will receive points as outlined in the Colorado Rally Cup Rulebook and will receive as part of their registration fee the full Colorado Rally Cup visual package as well as a promotional package. Teams that register by Feb. 15 and provide all required materials will have part of their promotional package customized for their team. Teams not registered by Feb. 15 will receive the full promotional package but may not be able to have any of their promotional package customized for their team. The promotional package will consist of at least 20 championship posters in addition to at least 50 hero cards for teams to hand out at events.

Additionally, only teams officially registered will be eligible for any of the over $3,500.00 in cash or goods based prizes as well as any official Colorado Rally Cup discounts by any CRC official partners or sponsors.

Teams wishing to pre-register should contact me directly at Kevin-a-KevinHahnPhotography.com and I will get the required information as well as any other pertinent details to you. Pre-registration needs to be completed (not just me contacted) by Feb. 15 for the team personalization of the promotional pack.

We are working on a new layout and direction for the website right now as well. Hopefully we can get this happening soon and then we can get the new information on the site for everybody.

Comments? Questions? Complaints?

See less See more
#39 ·
Here's the deal kiddies:

I had three options wth this car.

1) I could have ordered a Custom Cages Sierra Cosworth FIA CDS kit. THis kit is hopelessly outdated from the early 90's at best, with only a single diagonal in the rear stays, main hoop, & roof. It also only had mitered door "X" bars with NO gussets. I could have installed and been 100% legal with this cage, and the cost was roughly the same as what I paid for the cage I already had here. Problem with this was I will not race in a cage of this design. It does not fit MY requirements of a safe cage. I would need to add lots of bars & gussets, which would then void the cert, and render it non-legal for RA.

2) I could have built my own DOM cage to FIA specs. I dont have a bender (more $), DOM is expensive up here in nowhereville (more $) and it would take far more time (more $). This was to be a LOW budget build or I could not get back into rally at all. Add to this that I simply do not believe that the latest FIA spec cages were designed wth thicker wall DOM in mind- you cant even order a Step 3 latest generation cage in CDS- only T45.

3) I could use the extra Step 3 T45 cage we had here that we didnt need anymore after buying an already prepped car for STI #2, as it fits perfectly and to the exact same dimensions as designed. Even better- it is installed in a 2600# car, rather than a 3200+# car.

So, I assumed (yes, I know- ASSumed) that those in the know would take rational thought patterns & structural integrity into consideration after the installation and discuss it, look at it & we could come to a mutual understanding of some sort. However I blabbed publically. So I f'd up. Totally my fault.

The whole thing is not about the structural integrity of the cage. It is all about liability. That is all.

The truly sad thing is that T45 is great for the rest of the world for rally cages, but we Americans do not accept it for some reason that I do not know, and have not been made privvy to. However- we readily accept it as long as it has a flippin FIA tag on it saying it's OK.

Stupid F'in lawyers.

I would just race CHCA in another class (which allows just about any cage material), but they are all Carburated. THis car is Fuel injected (OEM 5.0L).

But get THIS- Formula Drift (Pro Drift ciruit) cage rules outlaw ERW (but T45 & 4130 is acceptable), and you are not allowed to have ANY tubes go thru the firewall. ????

Figure THAT one out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.