2009 Colorado Rally Cup plans... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Colorado Rally Cup plans...

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
    if I read the description right, there will be 6, maybe 7 events.

how about adding another rallycross?

I'm definitely planning to contest the 2009 CRC.

thanks,

Scott

We are waiting to see what the CHCA schedule will be as well as the RallyCross schedule (and Gorman Ridge/other Western USRC events) before we make a commitment to the schedule.

Ideally, we would like to do: 1) RallyCross, 2) Co1/2 rallies, Rally Colorado, and 3) Hill Climbs.

If there are not three preferable hill climbs, we will consider an additional RallyCross, if problem arise with either of the CO1/2 rallies, we will consider an additional RallyCross (although we would like to keep those to two or less).

There are still some things to finalize but the goals is 7 competitive events with two or three non-competitive events. Right now we are just waiting to finalize a date in late February to have a season launch function/tech inspection.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

drive. I say where we go, ok? EastSideTurku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3dogracing View Post
    We have been working on our G2 car (the black Rabbit down at Salta). If I dont wrap it around a tree at 100 Acre Wood, we will be joining you guys.
    Be careful at 100AW... Even if you think its rediculous, bring SNOW TIRES!!!!! You will be better off for their freak ice storms then... Also, be careful of the low water bridge crossings... those can be car breakers for sure!
    Other than that, dont drive the absolute piss out of yer car, and things will be fine.

Ah, now that Im thinking about it (and to make this post somewhat relevant); Kevin and everyone else: what if we made Rally Idaho a part of the CRC? Its close, and if I say so myself, some of the best roads within one-day drive from Denver.
    ...Just a thought
    Last edited by EastSideTurku; 12-22-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    A. Hakala

Rallying, leaving my carbon footprint
    all over the States since 2003.

www.alixhakalaracing.com

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideTurku View Post
    Ah, now that Im thinking about it (and to make this post somewhat relevant); Kevin and everyone else: what if we made Rally Idaho a part of the CRC? Its close, and if I say so myself, some of the best roads within one-day drive from Denver.
    ...Just a thought
    I am sure Jens would love it, and we wish Jens the best of luck, but an out of state event is not something that we feel is appropriate for the CRC at this time.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I'm probably all of the series or none. Will know probably by the first event. Waiting for 2009 Max Attack schedule and then I've got to look at the budgets and best options for mileage/$$$. Focusing on India in two days for now.

Mark plans to run the whole series as far as I know.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

Thanks, and will do. Got the snow tires sitting here. Hopefully I wont need them.

drive. I say where we go, ok? EastSideTurku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3dogracing View Post
    Thanks, and will do. Got the snow tires sitting here. Hopefully I wont need them.
    I really hope as well!
    Have fun, good luck, and I know ya will be in good hands with Steve and Brian. Trust the car, have fun, and most importantly-- listen to yer navigator!
    A. Hakala

Rallying, leaving my carbon footprint
    all over the States since 2003.

www.alixhakalaracing.com

I will most likely be competing again this year. Please keep us posted. Oh yea, what is a "Co. 1 rally"? Thanks.
    Bryan

Coefficient 1 event.

Basically coefficients are the rating system for events, ranging from 1 to 3. You get those coef's as sort of a drivers rating when you finish them. That's how RA and NASA keep track of where you are experience wise.

Need ride. Please send money. JC_595's Avatar

I hope to have the Cossie Eight ready for this years CRC. Although I dispise rallycrosses in general, I hope to make it to as many events as I can. There may however be schedule conflicts with national rallies in our two car Subaru STI Open/SP Rally Art deal that may arise...
    JC

John Cirisan - #595

"Dont race it if you cant Replace it."

Quote Originally Posted by JC_595 View Post
    I hope to have the Cossie Eight ready for this years CRC. Although I dispise rallycrosses in general, I hope to make it to as many events as I can. There may however be schedule conflicts with national rallies in our two car Subaru STI Open/SP Rally Art deal that may arise...
    Season hasn't even started and you're full of excuses already. From what I've heard, there's not likely to be direct date conflicts, but you'll most likely have some back-to-back weekends during the summer so if you're on towing duty, you'll be keeping plenty busy.

Keep cranking away at the XR!

Dave