What kind of bike do you use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of bike do you use?

50 caution yump

^Haha ok. I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm hoping to hit at least 2 but hopefully more. Right now I know Idaho for sure since it headquarters are 5 mins from my house and the roads are awesome then Mt. Hood. Did any of you get to the North Nevada Rally this year? I would also be pretty interested in doing that one.
    Dan Norkus
    shotgun

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I’m by no means experienced but I bought a bike a week before the Mt. Hood rally with the intent to use if for local riding and an occasional Moto Rally event. I got a KTM 690 Enduro, which has the revised LC4 motor. It’s a real powerhouse…way more than I can use at this point. I think this bike won Black River stages and Mt. Hood overall so I know it’s capable.

I’m 5’ 6” and 150lbs and I was afraid the bike was going to be too heavy and big but it really rides 50lbs lighter than it actually is (320+-). However, the weight was a problem every time I went off stage and had to get it pointed toward the road again!

It’s a good combination of offroad and on-road manners. I typically ride 20-40 miles, one way, to get to some of the old RIM roads, Libra Mountain or Mt. Gleason, and having a bike with taller gearing and good power makes the ride up the I5 more comfortable.

At Mt. Hood my brother road a KTM EXC450 and mentioned that he really had to rev it on the fast 70+mph sections.

Andrew

50 caution yump

After what Anders said about the 400cc and under class I am pretty sure I am going that route. I really want to codrive so if I can find someone to let me sit shotgun for them I would do that first. I'm going to buy the bike either way for fun and cheap transportation. As far as the 70+ mph sections this bike has taller gears and is capable of doing 110. It may not be the most competitive bike but I know it will still be fun which is what it's all about right? Even if it was the best bike for the class I know I can't ride it to it's full potential. You can bet I will be out riding almost every weekend when the snow melts though.

Thanks for the input everyone. I hope to see everyone at a rally somewhere.
    Dan Norkus
    shotgun

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Hey shiza, congrats for your DRZ400SM and good to see your love to the bike. BTW, i have a blog on bike and composed a article http://biketestreviews.com/wolftooth-roadlink/. This is all about using extended gearing for road bike for making spin effeciciently and smooth.

200 square left

^^^^hmm....Looks like old-school non-bot human Spammers ^^^^
    .................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php